+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sopranos

Sopranos

Genius or worst ending ever?

watching it on OnDemand now.... let you know in a few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPOILER. DONT READ BELOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW

meh, not much of a spoiler, but i dont wanna hear any bs

Id say they're setting up for the possibility of a Movie, or "one last time" 2 hour stint or somethin. with #2 in the hospital (presumably gone but you never know), and pauly's new job. Lots of story to tell still.
    --Smell.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**Spoiler**

I don't watch the show, but from what I heard people were disappointed in the ending. BUT, it was explained to me in the previous episode, we see a flash back where Tony is discussing what its like to die, and someone says something like "everything goes black, and its like nothing" or something like that. And that is the explanation to the black and silent ending.
    -Rursusferre- Level 70 Hunter -Cenarius-
    My signature is two cookies having sex.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6...gycolorjf1.jpg

aurila, they played our song.

wheel in the sky?
    --Smell.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alright... spoilers first off:

I was reading that the two black guys that walk into the restaurant are the same guys who shot at Tony in the finale of season 1 (which was originally the show's finale and ends very much the same as this one did)... also the guy wearing the members only jacket is a clue to an older episode. Plus the whole conversation about everything just going black and silent when you get shot earlier in the season.

I really liked the ending because there was no doubt in my mind (or in any of the people I was watching it with) that Tony dies. How else could they have tastefully done it when you think about it? Gunshot and fade to black would probably the lamest ending in TV history. Any scene depicting the act would probably just cheapen the whole thing... I really think they did it right. Great suspense build up with the car being parked (lolz @ women drivers) and lots of clues and suspicion all around, then they give you 30 seconds to think about shit after Tony gets shot.

There's so many ways to spin a movie deal out of this series that it really isn't necessary to slay the ending just to hold out for script offers. Focus it on another character, focus it on the earlier years, even a movie showing the aftermath of Tony's death could be alright.

+ Reply to Thread