+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFR Being Phased out...is it Possible?

LFR Being Phased out...is it Possible?

nvm. delete this plzI recently came back to WoW after about 2 years from the last patch of Cata. I enjoyed being back, leveling the scenery of Pandaria. The day I hit level cap however I pretty much wanted to quit again, and for the same reason I quit Cata. Looking For Raid. I've played this game since Vanilla so and was only a hardcore raider during WoTLK so this new form of entitlement just drives me crazy.

Previously you hit level cap, ran 5 mans to gear up and started raiding, whether with a guild or a pug, catch up mechanics would be put into place for players returning late xpac. So once I hit level cap my friends helped me get to the appropriate ilvl, but it wasn't so I could enter 5-man Heroics with epic gear to help me catch up like Magisters Terrace, ICC 5 mans or Zandalari, where they would of course help me. It was so I could simply queue up for LFR.

I don't understand how people can run this thing all day on multiple toons, Blizzard should just give me epics for watching a Youtube video. In Cata I was very casual opposed to Wrath since I was in college. Yet I would still try to keep my gear up to date through grinding VP and JP, reputation gear, and pugs. Even managed to clear Firelands once in a pug I believe. That way if my old friends ever needed me for a raid I could be there for them if available. The problem now is to keep my gear up to date I need to toil mindlessly in LFR, and I normally queue up as a tank so I might not even have the option to AFK. So if I want to keep my gear competitive I have to do it! This eventually made me stop logging on during Cata. Now 5 man Heroics have been mindless for some time now but at least they only took about 10 minutes and could just chain run them.

My suggestion is Blizzard re-implement real Heroics once again, make it so it so you have to queue up as 5 people or at least 3 maybe if your willing to carry a few people. Have them drop the same exact gear as LFR only with better drop rates while perhaps even lowering the rates in LFR and make it so your ineligible for loot if you've already done one or the other. If the Heroics are originally Cata scaled or TBC scaled it doesn't matter. Regardless they are either going to have to release new ones for each tier or make the old ones scale up.

For once since Vanilla my friends actually enjoy PvP which is what keeps me logging on atm. But even that I'm pretty sure Guild Wars 2 is better in that department. With the way things are now I'm so enticed by Wildstar because a major selling point to me is that things are earned.
    Last edited by Kahmal; 08-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.

You could do flex through Oque instead of LFR, it's an option at least.

Anyway, LFR is be degraded gear/trinket wise, so it will be largely irrelevant to Normal and up raiders after the first tier. Also, Blizz is supposedly putting in an Oque type system for finding raids since all but Mythic will be cross realm.

So if I want to keep my gear competitive I have to do it!
    This is the weirdest misconception to come out of LFR.

No one HAS to do it. That's either a fabrication of your own making, or you have an asshole/idiot for a raid leader if they're pressuring you to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    This is the weirdest misconception to come out of LFR.

No one HAS to do it. That's either a fabrication of your own making, or you have an asshole/idiot for a raid leader if they're pressuring you to do it.
    So if I want to keep my gear or ilvl up to par to get into decent pugs what's the alternative?

+ Reply to Thread