+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior Alpha Concerns

Prot Warrior Alpha Concerns

I posted this EU forums and Tweeted it at Holinka And Celestalon. I've tried to stay away from the mathy side of things.

Tl;DR
    • Execute is wank
    • Losing some procs
    • Gladiator stance not being able to use T6 talents
    • Slows
    • Charge lost it's stun and we lost a spell reflect and we still have a shared CD on our interrupts.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

* Execute needs a change/removal indeed. With current Arms changes, it could be packed into Slam and make the actual skill Fury only.
    * Agree on Rage part of SnB being vital, perhaps a melee proc giving X Rage on next SB/Revenge instead?
    * I think you mean T5 talents (Safeguard row), which seems stupid indeed. No reason a DPS prot war can't use utility talents while Arms/Fury war could.
    * Slow on TC does not work well with the Glyph, also makes Staggering Shout the favourite on T3 talent row and Piercing Howl kind of shite. From a PvE PoV, I could live with Disrupting Shout just replacing Pummel as 15s CD AoE interrupt as choice vs the slow/root shouts. Regardless, that Shout row needs an overhaul. Maybe replace PH with a passive mobility effect for Battle/Commanding Shout?
    * Guess my OMFG for Warriors will have to wait a couple of days, because I smell changes to come

Edit: Also not a fan of the damage increase of Enrage for Prot, especially with Rage gain + Riposte embedded, seems too powerful right now.
    Last edited by Airowird; 06-19-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

From What I have been playing on the Beta so far. Yes Mass Spell Reflection just replaces Spell reflection. so no point in taking it very very very situational, which sucks because I liked it for 5 mans.

I really miss cleave I know others are happy to see it go but man if you have good healers using cleave to wreck trash was really handy and a nice dps boost.

The level 45 talents about time they were redone they feel like they are in a good place.

The problem i have with MSR replacing spell reflect rather than being an additional is that charges stun was removed, according to Lore, specifically because we had too much control over casters. We lost our extra interrupt, and we lost a stun (Stormbolt and shockwave are either/or now) and we lost a spell reflect. We've lost our control over casters and we've lost our charge stun.

Most of the other concerns have met and fixed.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

yeah too much control as we are stuck to the ground in an infinite frost and hunter webs...

+ Reply to Thread