+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 566 Destro Warlock with some DPS issues need some help/advice please :)

566 Destro Warlock with some DPS issues need some help/advice please :)

Hey guys,

I play a 566 Destruction Warlock of the same name on Ravencrest US, only for the past 3-4 mths, have got most of my gear up to Normal level, but yet I've noticed for some reason I have a problem with my DPS, on the target dummies I can get it up anywhere from 150 - 170k, but never any higher, yet in raids I see other Warlocks doing about double what I am.

I've asked several sources, have been told that my ping/latency could pose a problem to it, I play from Australia and on occasions my ping can be anywhere from 220 up to about 260, been told that key bindings would help, I've started using those, and haven't got myself accustomed to them just yet, gear wise I'm trying to get the set bonus so I can increase it.

So in short, what's the best rotation for a Destruction Warlock, what's the best glyphs and gems to have in because I would like to improve on what I am currently doing so I can get through the last few bosses of SoO without any problms.

Thanks in advance..

Raid buffed is always better DPS than on target dummies.
    What are you doing right now in rotation/talents/glyphs and were do you think you need the most help?

PS: If you use the Lag Tolerance function (Interface -> Combat) you should be able to play fine with 200ms, our South Africans play with atleast that and do pretty decent DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Raid buffed is always better DPS than on target dummies.
    What are you doing right now in rotation/talents/glyphs and were do you think you need the most help?

PS: If you use the Lag Tolerance function (Interface -> Combat) you should be able to play fine with 200ms, our South Africans play with atleast that and do pretty decent DPS.

Well here's a link to my armory so you can see how I'm gemmed/enchanted and my talents & glyphs and such:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stijana/simple

I really don't have a rotation as such but here's what I do: Curse of the Elements, Conflagrate double shot (to use both charges), spam on Incinerate, toss in my DoT Immolate and keep it running (or at least try to) wait until I got all 4 burning embers up, against mobs hit Fire & Brimstone, spam that until it drops also using Rain of Fire to keep it going. Against a boss similar thing, but once all 4 Burning Embers are up, hit Dark Soul: Instability and pop a Jade Serpent potion, and then just let fly with all 4 of my Chaos Bolts, and then start all over again ..

If there is a proper rotation as such, I'd be grateful to find out exactly what it is so I can try it, and the other thing is I'm used to using the toolbar down the bottom by clicking on each of the spells .. been told a series of keybindings would help with this ..

Using keybinds definitely helps, it allows you to look at the stuff going on in the fight without having to look where your mouse cursor is.

First things first:
    You should really level Enchanting so you can enchant your rings with Intellect.
    Generally, the shield (Soul Leech iirc) on the first talent row provides better damage reduction.
    Mannaroth's is generally the worst DPS talent. Either KJC, for fights with movement or Archimonde's for the burst (it's atleast 1 extra Dark Soul per fight) provide a better damage boost.

Onto your rotation:
    With Pandemic, you can refresh Immolate at any time under 9s duration left without a loss, you should do so in this time frame.

Outside Dark Soul:
    1. Keep up curse of Elements (if nobody else is bringing the debuff)
    2. Shadowburn or Chaos Bolt as you filled up your 3rd Ember
    3. Keep up Immolate, you can start casting this with several seconds left on the DoT.
    4. expert: Cast Rain of Fire to generate Embers, even singe target. Slight gain, so keep it out untill you got the rest under control.
    5. Conflagerate (once) if you don't have the buff. You will generally consume this faster than it recharges, so don't worry about This will generally be recharging the entire fight.
    6. Incinerate away!
    For Dark Soul:
    1. Save up the 4th Ember before you use DS
    2. Use up all Embers on Shadowburn or Chaos Bolt
    3. Do the same as above
    For AoE:
    1. Keep up Rain of Fire
    2. Use Fire & Brimstone to do your normal rotation on all targets at once. With enough targets, you generate the Embers back you spend and can ignore Chaos Bolt. Shadowburn the last couple of adds as they die to make sure you start single target DPS with 4 embers.
    Edit: Dammit Fetzie, posting while I'm typing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread