+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over Raided #25: Patch 5.4.8 Valor Changes

Over Raided #25: Patch 5.4.8 Valor Changes

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

God damnit, phsychin me out with your no punch line joke........
    Really, I don't know a lot about hunters and the only good advice I can give is: TURN PET TAUNT OFF! ~Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    God damnit, phsychin me out with your no punch line joke........
    Lord, I apologize. And be with the pygmies in New Guinea.

Bonus, 5.4.8 out 5/20!

I don't think there will be a new change in 2 months, because
    a) not everyone is VP capped this week, so getting full upgrades will take the full two months already
    b) For people stuck halfway on progress, they might kill a new boss halfway through, meaning new gear they can/"have to" upgrade
    c) I'm guessing they will want to give those players another 4-5 weeks extra to actually use all their on the new road block in their progress before reducing the challenge of it.
    d) Dual spec people are pretty screwed with this patch, taking up to 4 months just to upgrade both of their gear sets
    So my guess would be that by the time a new player boost is warranted, we will either get something like a 5th upgrade to tie us over untill 6.0 or if it comes within 2 months of that point in time, just have us use 6.0 to finish up.

PS: Congratulations on becoming Insanely happy and welcome to the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

All valid points Airo, but I agree with Pallie that Blizzard is likely to do something else, probably unrelated to valor upgrading, that would be clunky. But just given past end of expac raid tiers, Blizzard usually tries to make the final tier as available as possible to everyone before it becomes entirely irrelevant.
    Really, I don't know a lot about hunters and the only good advice I can give is: TURN PET TAUNT OFF! ~Aggathon

d) Dual spec people are pretty screwed with this patch, taking up to 4 months just to upgrade both of their gear sets
    Although it isn't quite as bad for Paladin tanks, because their gear can be used for both specs. But I can see a dps with healer off-spec being at a real disadvantage.

Personally I'm happy with the VP from Timeless Coins because on my server it at very hard to even find people for the "easy" VP from HC Scenarios... and it seems that no more mergers are being made, so things are only going down.

Pallie - how about making a video with tips and tricks on how to use oQueue, so ppl. like me can get to do some cross-raiding? I get all consused when my friends-list grows without me adding people and my chat gets new stange tells with "mesh" ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Halgrimm View Post
    Pallie - how about making a video with tips and tricks on how to use oQueue, so ppl. like me can get to do some cross-raiding? I get all consused when my friends-list grows without me adding people and my chat gets new stange tells with "mesh" ?!?
    Coming right up although this week's OR subject is spoken for: Recruitment BLAH!

Although the OQ thing is a great example of a quick 5-10min thing I can crank out.

+ Reply to Thread