+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cataclysm

Cataclysm

Okay, this is sick, I'm acutally starting to think back on Cata with a fond nostalgia. I freaking hated that expansion, Dragon Soul was a reskinned, thoughtless raid tier that was worse, if that's possible, than ToC; but I find my self looking back on Cata and thinking: "you know, for all the crap, it was, all in all, okay." The heroic dungeons were a bitch at first,but they were kind of fun when I think about it. The story was disjointed and made no sense.

BoT, BWD and Firelands were good raids - far from classics, but they were good; especially Firelands, but it was too short. While zones were sort of meh, Va'shir was stunningly pretty, if somewhat annoying. However fond the memories may be, I will always despise Deepholm. Something about having to complete a zone so you can get a shoulder enchant bothers me.

Anyway, now that we on the cusp of a new x-pac and Cata is two x-pacs old anyone else looking back at Cata with a somewhat kinder/gentler view?

Nope.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I never hated Cata in the first place. Phasing was cool to me, it was nice seeing the things you did have an actual impact on the world around you. I seem to be in the minority on this though

This is just typical of humans. Before you know it, you'll be looking back at the "Good old days of MoP" too.

They could delete all of MoP, especially pandas and monks, and redistribute the xp across other level brackets and I would be happy.

Hell, it would go perfectly with all the other junk they're removing in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    This is just typical of humans. Before you know it, you'll be looking back at the "Good old days of MoP" too.
    Guess us Wrath Babies are growing up; damn I forgot about Wrath Babies, you don't hear that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Guess us Wrath Babies are growing up; damn I forgot about Wrath Babies, you don't hear that anymore.
    Yeah, and now all the people who were bitching about "Wrath Babies" are looking back fondly on WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwyn View Post
    They could delete all of MoP, especially pandas and monks, and redistribute the xp across other level brackets and I would be happy.

Hell, it would go perfectly with all the other junk they're removing in WoD.
    I really like MoP, but WoLK is still my favorite. I'm not crazy about Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes, too much blue for too long, but other than that I have few complaints about MoP.

MoP is like the opposite of Cata to me. Cata started out really well then just nose dived straight in to the fucking shitter. MoP started out pretty awful (fuck mandatory rep grinds) and then slowly got better.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

When I look back at the mandatory gated rep grinds I say to myself "what the hell were they thinking? Who in their right mind thought this would be fun, especially with alts." That said, I liked MoP a lot; I do miss the pugging I did in WoLK and even Cata and Flex really has not been a good substitue for that for me. We'll see what WoD brings.

+ Reply to Thread