+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full parry over dodge - how do I get Ask MrRobot to do this

Full parry over dodge - how do I get Ask MrRobot to do this

Hey

Agg and Teng mentioned on another thread that parry is better than dodge for DPS and that there is minimal change between the survivability if you don't balance dodge and parry. I'd like to investigate this but I use Ask MrRobot (AMR) a lot and I'm not sure how to change it. I may be asking this in the wrong spot but does anyone have any idea how to tweak the AMR settings to favour parry over dodge?

Are we talking about a big increase in DPS or is minimal. I think Teng mentioned this on another post that I made previously but I didn't really understand what he was talking about until now and didn't want to mess with AMR.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've looked at the weights and I understand the principle behind tweaking them but I don't know what exact figure I should be tweaking the dodge weight to.

Thanks

There's an advanced weighting mode somewhere, but historically AMR doesn't get tank stuff correct really. My best advice is to tweak your ratings with SimulationCraft
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Drop dodge or increase parry weights by .1. Really just do what it says to but instead of gaining full dodge, make sure you stack parry primarily and use dodge where you can't get more parry or to gain socket bonuses.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thanks guys

I will start to change this from now on. I've just spent a load of cash on all the different parry dodge and dodge gems so I will change this over time as i can get my hands on the gems and afford them. There's around 1.5K of gems on my server to get it all back in line.

Hopefully this will help with my dps. The survivability doesn't seem to be an issue anymore but as I said we are pushing hard modes now so this might all change and I may have to go for the mastery build before the tier is out.

Red sockets: Parry, Orange: Parry/Dodge, Blue: Parry/Stam/Hit depending on your caps.

Really try to avoid gemming hit
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Meh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dreadski; 04-08-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Really try to avoid gemming hit
    Generally I agree, but since at certain gearing:progression ratios prot warriors are really giving fuck all about prioritizing survivability from gearing, losing the 10(?)ish k health from ditching stamina hybrids probably won't make much bit of difference.
    So... really first question is how much hit do you already have on your gear. Personally i'm .5% over the cap and can't lose it without replacing a few pieces. Second thing is will losing the stam upset your happy medium between survival and DPS, probably not, but it might in certain cases.
    Really, I don't know a lot about hunters and the only good advice I can give is: TURN PET TAUNT OFF! ~Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread