+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice for my mage

Advice for my mage

I am a raid leader and I am trying to help my mage get better is there any chance someone can look over these logs and tell me what I can tell her to change or concentrate on to improve her dps
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N3VtPaQch14FRTLY

Needs to work on Living Bomb and Invoker's energy uptimes, neither should have downtime
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thank you for quick response

Any ball park idea on how much dps a fire mage should do on the normal mode garrosh fight ? Her ilevel is 564

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

300 to 500k according to raidbots, simcraft says 400k for a 566 geared on a patch work fight.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Yeah I ran a sim on her gear and came out with like 355k just wasn't sure if that was realistic since she is no where close

Just doing some stalking but the fire mage on the last pull last night only had 52% uptime on Living Bomb and 73% on Invoker's Energy. I suggest getting her some really obvious/obnoxious Weak auras or something, maybe something that Bleats at her if you lets IE fall off in combat and maybe something that covers her entire screen if LB is about to fall off a hostile target in combat. As a Fire mage the only time she wants to let living bomb fall off is if she wants to stop DPS. She should be refreshing prior to last tick, unless she desperately doesn't want it to explode (because it will break CC or something) in which case she should refresh before the second to last tick She's also hard casting pyroblasts, not sure if there's a point where maybe her cloak and lust and another temp hast buff make that a good idea but it seems like a bad idea. Cmbustion usage seems to be kinda off too, sometimes delays it for a really long time. at one point she has a 3 minute Delay on it; for a 90 second cd that's excessive even if waiting for a string of pyroblast crits. Really if she's got Combustion off CD, she should wait until she gets a pyroblast proc, and then gets a heating up proc then cast as fireball and a pyroblast, then one more spell then a combustion anyway.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Awesome thank you for the info I will let her know I gave her some weak auras but maybe not annoying enough

+ Reply to Thread