+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrosh 10 man normal giving us some trouble

Garrosh 10 man normal giving us some trouble

So we seem to have best success with stacking and just aoeing adds and weapons down in phase one.
    Than when we get transitions are not too bad but get stuck in phase 2. I think are biggest issue is not interrupting and not getting away from whirling corruption. Just curious if there might be any tips or tricks that might help.I have had good luck that when I post here we normally get a kill soon so hoping this has some good luck effect too.Any tips and tricks from people smarter than me is appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0uyjhzvv172s34sf/

We use the alternating 2 stack points for the ranged method right up until we get empowered whirling corruptions., it phase 1 is going fine for you stick with that strategy until phase 2. we'll generally have 1 ranged assigned to nuking each weapon, and calling out for help if they aren't going to get a weapon down before the next intermission. We keep melee on the boss and just heal though the non empowered whirling corruptions, rotating raid CDs for each one, once they're empowered the melee run out, still popping CDs and rotation raid CDs, and the ranged spread round the room, each trying to take and add and kill it on its own. you've got 3x Devo Aura, 2x Rallying Cry, and 2x Demo banner that should be enugh to cover every single onewhirling corruptions should not be an issue, especailly ig peeps try to roatate personal CDs.

Looking through your Death Logs, the add tanking in Phase 1 looks chaotic as hell, it would seem that Blacklore really shouldn't be taking the boss and all the adds, So Terroraz really needs to work on keeping the adds off the melee, luckily he's a warrior so can be dropping a mocking banner once the first round of adds get near the middle, that should give him the initial vengeance to just keep rolling the adds, if Blacklore works with him and just tunnels the boss.

in the transition phases the tanks need to tank the adds, which means they, and the melee can't move to the next pack until the current pack is dead in the jade temple. ALso all the deaths to annihilate are just bad. if ranged/healers can't move out of it tell them to be closer to the boss. if you've got your face in Garrosh's Crotch, a couple of stops left/right/through are all it takes to be safe, if you're 30-40yards away you just aren't going to relaible get out of the cone without spending the majority of the time moving and unless you're a hunter that's a straight up HPS/DPS loss

MCs shouldn't be an issue if everyone but the person tanking Garrosh switches to them, interupts are priotiy blowing them up afterwards. Stuns, Silences, Dazes, knockbacks, all manner of thing work until they're empowered only interupts will work after that. on our alt runs i tend to DG MCs in the ranged stack point to the melee as this will break the cast and mean all the melee and both tanks can get on the MCed person.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

We tell the ranged to move into the melee camp after the desecrated weapon goes out. They need to run from the weapon anyway, so they might as well come into melee camp and get broken out of the mind control really quickly.

How my current guild does it in 10 man is we have 1 stack point that's outside for the range and the ranged stacks in melee for MCs, then goes to a stack point for desecrate that's outside of the middle circle where we keep the boss, spreads out for empowered corruption, then collapses back to the middle for MCs. Real easy to deal with MCs that way, especially if you have a warrior tank. Shockwave with that much vengeance pretty much 1 shots people out of melee, if not they're stunned for 4 seconds to give people the time to break them out. Also AoE silence with disrupting shout is very nice for this in phase 3.

If you need more details I can do a really indepth mapping of the different strategies using bossblueprints later tonight.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thank you for the quick responses.
    We try to switch the boss back and forth if the tank tanking boss pulls adds other tank pulls boss than when he pulls all adds and boss other tank taunts boss again. Blacklore says he has to aoe in his rotation so when he tanks boss he pulls adds when I drop my mocking banner he pulls right after it ends.I don't seem to generate near as much vengeance on adds as he does on boss.Which is why we were trying this switching back and forth method not sure if it is right or not but is what we came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    Thank you for the quick responses.
    We try to switch the boss back and forth if the tank tanking boss pulls adds other tank pulls boss than when he pulls all adds and boss other tank taunts boss again. Blacklore says he has to aoe in his rotation so when he tanks boss he pulls adds when I drop my mocking banner he pulls right after it ends.I don't seem to generate near as much vengeance on adds as he does on boss.Which is why we were trying this switching back and forth method not sure if it is right or not but is what we came up with.
    Really it doesn't matter how you do phase 1 as long as your tanks aren't dying and the adds are.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

Its one way of doing it, though he seems to die a lot to having aggro on too much at once, and occasionally your melee seem to die to add aggro too.

If he really needs to AoE as part of his rotation Then shove him on the adds for all of phase 1; However, CS hits a single target, Judgment hits a single target, COnsercration doesn't hit that hard, Avengers shield, can be glyphed for single target, Holy wrath can be Glyphed for single target and shouldn't be hitting that many targets that hard. if he doesn't want aggro on the adds he shouldn't be HotRing the adds
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    We tell the ranged to move into the melee camp after the desecrated weapon goes out. They need to run from the weapon anyway, so they might as well come into melee camp and get broken out of the mind control really quickly.
    so shockwave is best for this fight

I personally think so. Stunning the adds in phase 1 = win. Stunning adds in phase two and charging another and killing it so they don't grow off each other = win. Breaking out mcs/ stunned them = win. DR probably isn't an awful choice but I just love shock wave.

I will run shockwave I experimented with blade storm some but usually run dragon roar

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if you're already doing it, but try saving demo shout/banner for when Garrosh casts Warsong and buffs the adds that you're tanking.

No I am not using it for warsong I am using for when we stand in the weapon. The more and more I think about this strat I feel like standing in the weapon is a bad idea but raid seems to think it is best and easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    No I am not using it for warsong I am using for when we stand in the weapon. The more and more I think about this strat I feel like standing in the weapon is a bad idea but raid seems to think it is best and easiest way.
    It's the easiest for the DPS, it really stresses healers. If people are dying probably don't do it. Most guilds that do the stack in weapon strat are ones that over gear it and farm it (in my experience). It definitely has the least moving parts.

+ Reply to Thread