+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brewmaster thoughts! need some help.

Brewmaster thoughts! need some help.

Okay so im a Brewmaster monk and atm im tanking Flex SoO (and LFR) and i feel i have no bigger problems with my current gear, gems and reforges where i am atm.

But on monday we start SoO Normal, and im worried that im gonna have problems with the harder hitting bosses like Juggernaut and so on.
    Health:660k (using a trinket)
    Crit: 35,50%
    Mastery: 10,30%
    Expertise:15,08%
    hit:7,63%
    haste:4614 (abit low but i dont feel that i have a problem with it)

Thinking about gemming for more Mastery for the harder hitting bosses.
    And my yellow gem slots, should i go for Pure yellow crit gems instead of the Agi/crit and agi/mastery gems that i use now?

What do you guys think?

This is me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tackeo/simple
    Last edited by Tackeo; 01-25-2014 at 06:09 AM.

You should be OK.

I prefer a little bit more mastery/haste but if you can get away without it that's cool too. I can't really advise what should do until after it goes wrong; if it's not going wrong there's nothing that needs fixing.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

okay thanks!

Okay, first part in normal SoO went well, no problems for me there.
    Some other toughts: Legendary gems... crit or stam/20% less dmg taken procc?
    and wich cloak should i take, the "dps one" or the tank one with dodge? probably getting it next week.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tackeo/simple

I'd take the tank LMG/cloak for progression and the the DPS stuff for farm content
    MoP RPS Calculator

okay thanks!

Hey again!

Im having some problems with adds on Garrosh normal. Killed klaxxi today and had a few tries on Garrosh.
    have no bigger problems positioning them for the Star... but sometimes it feels like i get one shoted, tho ofc its alot of hits in a small amount of time.

Stats:
    15.18% mastery
    7881 haste
    40,73% crit
    701k health (no trinket, switched once but didnt see any big difference)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tackeo/simple
    Last edited by Tackeo; 02-17-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Use the tanking legendary cloak. Stop gemming Agility, gem expertise instead, reforge out of expertise(or crit) on gear into more mastery. where possible gem Mastery/Haste in yellows and reforge from crit to keep the haste. More Mastery, and making sure you always have at least 1 chi in order to react and purify spike damage.
    MoP RPS Calculator

One thing to check into is what your Shuffle uptime is. If it's continuously falling off, you'll want more haste. Ideally, you want somewhere upwards of 75% or better, with Chi leftover for Purifying Brew when you need it. I run Flex with another monk sometimes, and their 50% and below uptime for Shuffle translates into massive squishyness. Especially on Garrosh phase 1 - getting all the adds on you is pretty tough to live through if you're getting hit more often than not.

As far as the meta/cloak go, Garrosh is one of the few fights I go full tank meta/cloak on (the other is when I single tank Thok) on my bear. Haven't tried tanking that deep on my monk yet though.

95% or better. 75% is appalling.
    MoP RPS Calculator

I was speaking generically and allowing for less-than-perfect play. Most fights you can and should be up around 95%+, I fully agree, but then there are fights like Immerseus, Thok, Spoils (if the other side's team is slow) and to some degree Garrosh with the phase transitions where you've got nothing to hit for awhile. On fights where I've got something to hit continuously? You're darned straight I've got something on the order of 97-99%.

-T.

+ Reply to Thread