+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timless Isle confusion

Timless Isle confusion

Ok,
    So I have my little Pally and I go to TI to start gearing up. Primary is Protection ans secondary is Retri.
    My thinking is that if I Equip tankgear and activate that specc the helm that dropped should go according to that?
    It gives me Elder Tortoiseshell Head of the savant with Strenght and Stamina. That's fins...or is it?
    Then another helm drops. Unsure avout this whole thing I have it saved in the bank. Today when I started gemming I realized of course that I need different meta gems for each.

Here is my question. Do I go with the helm I have for tanking and activate retri and then "craft" the token into a new helm or should I let this helm stay in "retri and "craft" the seond helm with Protection active?

Confusing?

If you go in and check Treasurelite on Hellscream EU you might understand.

Would appreciate any info or tips

The stats on the item goes by the selected loot specialization. As a Paladin tank, you want to set that to "Retribution" so that you can get items with Haste rating.

Ok, But if I look on the token in my bag it changes if I respecc with it in the bag so I don't think taht it matters what I am when I loot, only when I change the token into gear

That is true, the stats on the item are dependent on the selected loot specialization when you make them into an item. Regardless, you want to be Retribution when you "make" the item. You should also get the Burden of Eternity from the Blazing Chest and use it on a helmet (turns it into an item level 535 item, and the helmet is the only Timeless Isle piece with the full amount of gem sockets). If you have any Justice Points, you can buy item level 489 and 496 items (including trinkets and rings) at the Temple of Niuzao.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 01-23-2014 at 05:32 AM.

I take it then that he helm I have now is better for tanking so I should go retri and hope I get good stats for that on the helm when I make it

Quote Originally Posted by treasuremine View Post
    I take it then that he helm I have now is better for tanking so I should go retri and hope I get good stats for that on the helm when I make it
    Go for it, but make sure you remember to use a Burden of Eternity on the helmet token, and you can always put a tank meta gem (2% armor + 324 stamina) in it if you want to use it to tank. Every strength plate item can be used for tanking as a Paladin, the only stat we don't want is Crit (and even that isn't totally wasted).

Thanks for the advice, I will ahve to farm a bit to get the burden I guess

Quote Originally Posted by treasuremine View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I will ahve to farm a bit to get the burden I guess
    Nope, you just need to get to the chest. You hit a seagull with an ability and it'll fly you around the island. When you're above the chest, hit the gull again and it'll stop moving. Then kill it and it'll drop you into the courtyard. The elementals guarding the chest won't aggro if you stand right behind it.

Instructions on how to reach the chest can be found in the first comment on this page: http://www.wowhead.com/object=221673#comments

The chest can only be looted once per character, but it always contains a Burden of Eternity.

Oh, drat. I just built my entire Timeless set using my Prot spec turned on. Figured that having dodge/parry pieces was a good thing, but I defer to your wisdom. Hopefully, my packrat skills ought to have left me some leftover pieces still.

-Tielyn

+ Reply to Thread