+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior looking for help with dps

Fury Warrior looking for help with dps

Hey fellow level 90 raiding fury warriors,

I am in need of some help with my dps during raids. Our raiding guild does mainly 25-man and we have successfully completed 14/14 of SoO.

With that said, I am always at or near the bottom of the dps chart. (120-125k)

Here is a link to my toon in the Wow armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emann/advanced

Right now I'm at ilevel 566, using the rotation recommended by icy veins web site with very little success.

I have a great system and great internet connection, so computer performance or lag is usually no problem.

Log from WorldofLogs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...r4/details/62/

Thanks in advance,
    Damagemann

Okay, you have the evil eye of galakras, this will be easy!

Spec out of bloodbath, spec storm bolt. At your ilevel the scaling is absurd, line it up with CS and always storm bolt during CS. It does a ton of damage, way more dps than bloodbath.

If you can get 2hrs, TG is currently scaling way better than SMF.

Rotation: BT on cooldown, CS on cooldown, RB whenever it's up, if it's a single target fight then spec DR and use it on cooldown (preferably when CS is not up). Bank rage for HS dumps during CS, make sure you spam HS in addition to your normal rotation during CS. Only HS outside of CS if you have 90+ rage.

< 20%, pretty much execute spam while still using BT/CS/Storm Bolt.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Stop using Bladestorm on single targets, unless you need to AFK for a few seconds (like if you desperately need to quaff a delicious beverage) or can hit 3 or more mobs its a DPS loss (and even on 3 mobs it's sketchy). Best for Mass AoE bursts like Reflections on Sha of Pride.

Don't be afraid to use berserker Rage more often, any time you're not enraged or rage capped you should be reaching for it, it's only on a 30s CD and you aren't going to need it to break CC effects whilst raiding. You might want to get something to help you track when you're enraged or a weakaura to track it for you and tell you to use Zerker Rage.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thanks a ton you two! Took y'alls advice, did some dps on raiding dummy. B4 dps = 120k, after changes dps = 199k

Again thanks for you advice,
    Damagemann

So here is the latest log after changing my talents and going Titan's Grip.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...5/?s=599&e=923

Only 83% of what I should be doing. I'm still stumped as to what I am doing wrong.
    Dman

Ranking percentage is NOT a measure of how good you are doing in your gear.
    It's how much DPS you did compared to the 150th best log in the world/region, which actually says absolutely nothing about your skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Yeah, pay no attention to the ranking info, there's sooooo many different factors to that. In fact, in order to rank on most fights, you have to either way out gear the fight and/or just do it wrong.

Take General Nazgrim: melee that rank will sit on the boss, only cleaving when they can and otherwise not helping with adds. There's a lot of guilds that will 3 tank it and subsequently not get a lot of rage from sunder and due to the ICD of rage gain during d-stance, they'll DPS through d-stance and just heal/cooldown through the warsongs. Our guild doesn't do it that way, and since as a fury warrior I have a ton of knock backs/stuns/interrupts, I spend most of my time bouncing around to adds making sure they're locked down. Real bad for ranking.

H-Sha of Pride is another one. The Corrupted Whatevers that make people go to pac-man mode come out shortly after reflections a lot of times. Should I let the tanks solo the reflections and focus on corrupted people to break them out? Absolutely? Is that a huge DPS loss? Ahhhh yup. If I ignored my RL and just bladestormed the adds I'm sure I'd do a lot better, but I don't, so my DPS looks like crap, heh.

Having said that - your heroic strikes should be 3-4 times as much as you CS. CS is a 20 second cooldown. That means in a 6 minute fight (protectors in the one you linked) you should be using it roughly 18 times, which means around 64-72 heroic strikes.

You only used CS 6 times and HS 11 times, and only had 83% uptime on the boss, not sure why that is. But same with Immerseus, granted due to phase 2 you probably won't have as many CSs, your HS count should still be at least 3 times, optimally 4 times, as many as your CS.

I'd say you need to focus on CS more, make sure you're landing them on cooldown and lining it up with your storm bolt. And during CS while doing your normal rotation you need to make sure you're hitting HS too.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Something that also might help - what's your UI like and what keybinds do you use?

I am using nUI+ ui for my toons. As far as key binds, I'm sorry to say I don't really use any, except for my 3 to 5 on my action bar for rotation purposes. I'm a mouse clicker as well, which I think really hurts me.
    Dman

Quote Originally Posted by Damageman View Post
    I am using nUI+ ui for my toons. As far as key binds, I'm sorry to say I don't really use any, except for my 3 to 5 on my action bar for rotation purposes. I'm a mouse clicker as well, which I think really hurts me.
    Dman
    Yup, you really can't play fury effectively as a clicker because you HAVE to be able to press 2 things at once (heroic strike + your normal rotation during CS).

Learn to keybind, this is going to make you a much much much much much better player.

+ Reply to Thread