+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 14 - The 6th Glass

Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 14 - The 6th Glass

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I don't know about putting in Mythic for SoO at 6.0. They would have to spend at least some time tuning it to the 20 man format. Likewise they would need to implement and tune SoO if you made current heroic format flexible. Its probably time better spent doing other things in the expansion. I do agree that the item squish is likely to come with that pre-expansion patch.

As for the answer to my question, I do also like the fact that we can't "switch to normal" if we're having a rough go on a boss. It always felt weird to me that we could skip a boss on heroic and then kill something 3 bosses later because it was an easier boss on heroic. I still hope they have a nice curve of difficulty in the instance such as, "boss 1=easy, boss2=harder, boss3=hard, boss4=slightly easier than boss3 but still harder than 1, boss5=harder than 3" etc so you can have some dps/heals/mechanics checks to block you for a bit but then maybe you get an easier kill right after and the difficulty ramps up afterwards.

On Garrisons, its time to form #teamGarrisonChar or #teamGarrisonAcct....

Well... what I was kinda getting at by 6.0 and "nerfs etc." is that people are going to be steamrolling SoO at 6.0 ANYWAYS, You don't really HAVE to "Tune" it persay, just nerf it into the ground and put the formats in place for recruiting purposes until WoD comes out. I mean... that's basically what happened with Sunwell and ICC, Dragoin Soil was nerfed into the ground before 5.0 came out, so that's not really a fair comparison, but you get the idea. Once 6.0 drops it's not technically "current content" so it doesn't need to be tuned, just a farming mechanism to try and give people a slight leg up while leveling.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

On Prot warrior in PVP, I cna't see them letting players avoid attacks from behind, so getting behinf the prot warrior FC will be kinda important.

EDIT: People with out shields....snarf.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 11-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

hit, expertise

they are removing hit and expertise altogether, at least that's what they announced ..which means they will have to replace the mechanic with some kind of ramp up in damage? .. which is going to be another problem - i don't think you will stand in front of bosses ...they just haven't shared enough information to really guess what it will be - but i'm sure you will have a bonus for hitting targets from behind over from the front .. avoidance is kinda key for rogues avoiding damage with evade ... so what they do next with it - if they are going for flat numbers - is probably going to be as annoying

just because they removed the stats doesn't mean they wont work it back into the game in some other form

the main reason for having those stats was to improve damage or create a way to control your damage output so i'm sure something else will come along
    Last edited by hailmary; 11-27-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hailmary View Post
    they are removing hit and expertise altogether, at least thats what they announced ..
    Yes, this is true. Is this not what I said? Just because they are removing hit and expertise doesn't mean that you won't get a flat chance to hit something (without stats) in WoD, I guess is what I'm saying.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread