+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Istalling help needed

Istalling help needed

2 days ago or so I was playing the game fine. but then an addon popped up and it was my anti-virus saying something of WOW was a threat..i didn't really read it just said move it to the vault..So it did. So since this I haven't been able to play wow ..log on or do anything I had this problem before because I did the same thing before. but anyways I tried the steps I did before and it still isn't working...I turned off my firewall(s) and anti-viruses and uninstalled wow and installed it again and still it wont let me play. now all of a udden it started to install and once it sgets to 98 percent complete the installing stops and it says it cant change the name of the file its downloading to another name and everything shuts down. When I click on the WOW launcher it says I cant open the launcher and play the game unless its in the same folder as the game ...but the game hasntbeen able to download at all anymore. I looked in all my folders and nothing and this has been a headache ...well a pain in the ass for a good 28 hrs now....I put out many tickets to GM's but they take forever to answer back. anyway I tried running as an administrator as I did before but even that isn't working..i deleted the caches and the folders they said to delete and still nothing it just seems to get one problem after another...I don't know much about computer but I do have 2 firewalls..one from windows that doesn't see WOW as a threat and allows it in and Norton which I turned off but its the AVG that doesn't seem to allow it through even if I delete the whole anti-virus. it still lurks somewhere in my system I suppose. Well I guess im wondering if any of you have had this problem before and how you resolved it..i tired to give as much detail as possible...ty its been 28 hrs of frustration.

Do you have a restore point from before this happened? If yes, you can simply restore the computer to its working state and it'll be like the last 28 hours never happened.

the only thing I could've done was restore them form my recycling bin but by the time wow actually started failing to install altogether I had deleted the items so they are long gone unless theres a way to get everything back I deleted in the last 28 hrs from my recycling bin...if I could get the item back I emptied out of my recycling bin I could get it back but idk how to do that.

Sounds to me like you have some kind of virus infection.
    Start running some scanners for that before you continue on, and realize that the one you are using now is probably compromised and untrustworthy now, since the virus already got past that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

you know the funny thing is -is that the same thing happened to my laptop and I took it to get it fixed and they couldn't even fix it. and I took it there twice and I just bought this computer a month ago from some extra bucks but my laptop my internet kept crashing and the Work Offline thing kept coming on even though I didn't turn it on..it would turn itelf on right away no matter what I did...and for me to think its a problem on blizzards end is today I filled out a ticket and he asked me to check if the Work Offline was on that could be the problem so the problem to me is with the game itself...it has to be..its a brand new computer. on my laptop id check the box or make sure Work Offline wasn't on but it'd go right to Work Offline again on its own..and eventually I couldn't even get on the interent at all so maybe the same is happening again..eventually I might not even be able to post. that's what happened last time.

oh and too add I did run a scanner with both my AVG Anti-Virus and Norton and it says WOW is fine...I deleted AVG altogether and still there must've been something I missed because after I downloaded or was installing the game the AVG threat popped up and asked me or told me WOW was a threat again..so its proably the AVG I heard that AVG and WOW don't go well together. I look at all my files and delete the AVG I thought I got them all last time but I guess not if threat warnings are popping up after I delete the anti-virus.

so to delete my AVG totally it says I need permission from my system and I was wondering how to do that

i didn't really read it

Not usually the beginning of a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post

Not usually the beginning of a good story.
    Famous last words. I'm part owner of a computer repair shop. At least 80% of the computers that come and go on a daily basis, have a virus on them and almost every single one of the owners says "I got a popup and clicked OK, but didn't really read it." Good job, here's your $350 bill. Thanks for not reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyvar View Post
    Famous last words. I'm part owner of a computer repair shop. At least 80% of the computers that come and go on a daily basis, have a virus on them and almost every single one of the owners says "I got a popup and clicked OK, but didn't really read it." Good job, here's your $350 bill. Thanks for not reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread