+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 13 - BlizzCon Part 2

Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 13 - BlizzCon Part 2

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I would like to let you know that you start with the Inn a farm , mine , fishing hole and i believe the infirmary if not then it is one of the tier 1 building you can construct and at tier 3 you have access to 12-15 plots for building in your garrison. The followers will very in rarity from poor to epic and that will determine the amount of traits the follower will have. The followers will have the ability to run Quests, Scenarios, Dungeons and Raids yes Raids at a chance for recipes for their/your profession and gear. Or you can have them just stay at the garrison and mine and or farm for you if you like. Now back to the quest and other fun stuff they will take a few minutes to a week to complete depending on what you send them to do. If you think i am trying to pull a fast on about the raiding if you bought the virtual ticket to blizzzcon 2013 the go watch the video titled World of Warcraft raids, game play, Questing, and More it is mentioned there.

Cool! Thanks Silver, I'll watch that one next, I haven't had enough time to watch it all yet, ACK!
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Agg, you got it half right, it's pronounced Dargon Soil. Because not only are "dargons" very scary! But even more so when they soil on you!

!WARNING! Rambly thought process about to occur!

New stats:
    I think (based on the way it was described and a conversation with a friend) that cleave and runspeed are going to be entirely "bonus" stats. So when you get a piece with it you go "oh cool" and not, what a croc of shit! The only way I can see it working is it being just on certain pieces and NOT counting against the iLvL budget. Unless they design EVERY encounter to have lots of adds? If not you'd be swapping out between your cleave set and your single target set for the more patchwerk style fights where it's simply a test of: Can your raid do X damage before the boss gets tired of you poking him?
    It seems that if Cleave were to function like a normal secondary stat it would either make gearing up a bitch or put a bit of a staple on all encounter designs? Which, the latter is something Blizzard is obviously trying to break free from based on the fact that they're making 20 man Mythic the basic design template and THEN worrying about making it work for 10-25 scaling. Or at least that was my understanding of it. Should prove for some excellent encounters.
    What makes all that seem a tad unlikely is that then Blizzard would theoretically have to go back and re-itemize a BUNCH of gear that had hit/expertise on it. And pieces that are pure hit/exp? Idk..... this just seems like a humongous can of worms and i'm really hoping Blizz has a good plan....

The thing no one seems to be clear on is , if hit/exp are going away, does this means your attacks always connect? Do all specs get hit/exp appropriate to their role? can DPS attack form the front without getting parried? can tank? what about level differences? will higher than 3 levels mean you have a chance to miss? or is everyone going to have to get used to adapting to their attacks not connecting?

I think it's obnoxious to not gives us the hit/exp caps for our roles, it felt horrible in dargon soil as a tank to have a 5th of your attacks fail.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Well, Teng..... all vailid points.
    I think though, that when they say they're removing the stats, they're removing the mechanic as well. This is me speculating once again, but since in Mop they essentially said: "Hit/exp should be important to tanks to do their jobs effectively!" I don't think they're going to screw us over and say: "Hey, part of tanking is now saving a cd for that moment when you get a miss string and you have no active mitigation."

And DPS on a dps race fight..... the RNG would be all over the place. It'd be like playing Fury in Cata when hit stacking was a thing and your DPS could potentially be anywhere in a 10k window(or larger if it was opening burst) based on how good of hit RNG you were having. I remember doing H-Baleroc progression, I was DPSing in my OS which was a solid 5 iLvLs behind if not more. There was an attempt where both I and the other Fury warrior just rocked everybody else in damage done because the stars aligned and we were actually able to spam Heroic Strikes for a abnormal amount of the fight we were getting so much rage. Another attempt later that night we both rock bottomed the meter from terrible RNG. It was probably the largest statistical outlier I've ever personally seen in raiding, but it happened nonetheless.
    Anyway, so now that I rambled on about a interesting(or boring?) story, point being, adding that kind of RNG to every DPS class could do drastic things to the top end raiding guilds and the world first race. Or am I over dramatizing this based off of one night of progression that happened 2(?) years ago? Idk.

In regards to the last time we have had a 16 boss tier. In Wrath we did have tier 7 that had 15 bosses in Naxx + Sartharion + Malygos so that's 17 bosses, 18 if you want to count Archavon in Wintersgrasp (which I don't). Also did your guest say she was a Wrathbaby and her first toon was a tauren paladin, yet pretty sure that class race combo wasn't allowed until Cataclysm??? But good show, glad to have another show to watch that is just as good as the weekly marmot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni714 View Post
    In regards to the last time we have had a 16 boss tier. In Wrath we did have tier 7 that had 15 bosses in Naxx + Sartharion + Malygos so that's 17 bosses, 18 if you want to count Archavon in Wintersgrasp (which I don't). Also did your guest say she was a Wrathbaby and her first toon was a tauren paladin, yet pretty sure that class race combo wasn't allowed until Cataclysm??? But good show, glad to have another show to watch that is just as good as the weekly marmot.
    I think you could roll a Tauren Paladin from when the pre-patch landed, which was technically before the Cataclysm release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni714 View Post
    But good show, glad to have another show to watch that is just as good as the weekly marmot.
    Thanks! That's some high praise! I also think T14 had 16 bosses too, right? I was a couple drinks in and had forgotten, but MSV was 6, HoF was 6, and ToES was 4, which gives us 16. I had already had a couple of cigars and glasses of scotch, so I think I just plain forgot about that, but thanks for the head's up on T7, I had forgotten about that!
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

One of these days I want to see you open a beer take a sip and be like "YEURGH! What the everliving fuck is in this? Fermented baboon tescticles?!"
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    One of these days I want to see you open a beer take a sip and be like "YEURGH! What the everliving fuck is in this? Fermented baboon tescticles?!"
    I don't drink Beer:30

I also think T14 had 16 bosses too, right?

When I first read this, I was tired and saw, "I also think T14 and 16 had bosses too, right?" and I thought, "Wow is he being a snarky asshole there."

=O

Stout is a type of beer, Ale is a type of beer, the vast majority of stuff you drink on the show, is beer.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Stout is a type of beer, Ale is a type of beer.
    Yes... why are you stating obvious things?

As to my previous post: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Beer%3A30 first link

oh i thought that was some weird smiley bullshit. I wasn't aware of those...products.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Probably way off topic... sorry, but if you get a chance. Try Samuel Adams double boch. Unsure if I spelled that correctly. Just make sure you aren't already a few beers deep while making a video. It will put you on your @ss. The Boston lager isn't all it is cracked up to be but the special brews they have are amazing. Tell me what you think.

I may try it. I'm not particularly enamoured with Samuel Adams but some of their speciality beers are quite good. I particularly like their east coast Kolsh.

Meh...I like Sam's marzen, but most of their beers are mediocre.

They've come up with some good ones from time to time though. The original Summer Ale was good, but they changed the formula I think...there are a few others too. I think I was pleasantly surprised by one or another of their hoppy offerings (Latitude 48? I forget...they had a surprisingly decent czech-style pilsner that I tested once at a local liquor store too...don't even know if it made it into production).

TBH though, if you were looking to try great IPAs, I'd go with either Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA or Lagunitis' IPA...they're probably the two best examples of an IPA you can get. I know Dogfish Head, at least, is pretty widely-distributed...Lagunitis might be a bit more Cali-centric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

next time I'm in NY maybe I'll get dogfish head, but they don't have it in Kansas. And I've had the 120 minute dogfish IPA before, it's AMAZING, blows the 90 and 60 minute out of the water, but they make so little of it is im-fucking-possible to find.

+ Reply to Thread