+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 9 - LFR and Consoles and Witches OH MY!

Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 9 - LFR and Consoles and Witches OH MY!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I really don't think LFR's that hard, even on my 517 Pally. Answer UNACCEPTABLE! :P

I do think that it's a combination of factors. The tanks playing catchup on gear, such as yourself Agg, are only going to do specific wings to fill out item upgrades for weapons/shields, the rest of the gear you're better off farming Burdens of Eternity or Heroic Throne of Thunder, or running Flex, maybe with guild or openraid if not.

Most of the Normal mode tanks who aren't playing catch up, probably do have fully upgraded Tot Normal gear, 530 ilevel. LFR only drops 528, which if you have the valor spare to upgrade is fine, if you don't because you're clearing a few normal modes or getting burdens or getting Flex gear, and lets face it if you where clearing normal ToT you'r probably quite capable of clearing SoO Flex, so you won't have the valour to spare (because you're much more likely to spend it on drops from elsewhere), a 528 piece isn't an upgrade. over your 530 ToT gear.

I do think that's a big reason, obtaining gear is probably the biggest motivation for going into LFR as a normal mode raider. People can claim that obtaining gear isn't important to them, and that's fine they may say they raid for the challenge or to have fun with friends and I can sometime believe that, but those aren't factors in LFR. you're not doing it to hang out with friends, and the only challenge LFR provides is overcoming other people's stupidity, and quite frankly I am not up to that challenge. I can see a lot of the guys who just want to hang out with their friends and raid will do flex instead of LFR, its them hanging with their buds , they aren't going to have to deal with some random gits, just their own gits.

SO with those types of tanks out whose left? the tanks that couldn't do normal last tier and haven't geared up from Flex yet, the alts, the casuals, the guys who don't have a lot of time for wow and the guys who don't have any in game friends; the guys where LFR is their Endgame. For them i can accept that maybe LFR is a challenge for them, but I really don't think sort of guys really role tanks that often, being an unreliable tank casual tank just doesn't get you invited anywhere, in my own experience, if we have a healer or DPS have to drop a night its generally fine, if we have a tank drop the RL is more likely to call the night than pug. And these guys are the tanks that get called out in LFR for screwing up, especially when partnered with an equally inexperienced co tanks, helaer and DPS, and i can't really see why they'd stick at it, why tank when you endgame consists of people yelling at you, why pay 8 quid a month to log on for a 45-120 minutes of abuse 4 times a week, screw that I'll just go DPS instead.

aslo Taunt swaps. NOT HARD. and really overused now. last 2 tiers have really lent on them as a mechanic, imade a list of the bosse sover the last 6 tiers (post-wotlk) over half of them have taunt swaps. its so fucking boring.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I really don't think LFR's that hard, even on my 517 Pally. Answer UNACCEPTABLE! :P
    SO with those types of tanks out whose left? the tanks that couldn't do normal last tier and haven't geared up from Flex yet, the alts, the casuals, the guys who don't have a lot of time for wow and the guys who don't have any in game friends

Which is kind of my point as you recognize here:

And these guys are the tanks that get called out in LFR for screwing up, especially when partnered with an equally inexperienced co tanks, helaer and DPS, and i can't really see why they'd stick at it, why tank when you endgame consists of people yelling at you, why pay 8 quid a month to log on for a 45-120 minutes of abuse 4 times a week, screw that I'll just go DPS instead.
    For an experienced tank, it's not hard at all, for an inexperienced tank, why the hell bother if it's remotely difficult and you're just gonna get yelled at. If you can just kinda tank and spank the boss like most of the bosses in T14 and T15, or it's just a simple taunt swap or real simple movement, then who cares. If you're gonna get yelled at then go DPS (probably in tank gear) who cares. Subsequently the people left to do LFR aren't even tanking.

aslo Taunt swaps. NOT HARD. and really overused now. last 2 tiers have really lent on them as a mechanic, imade a list of the bosse sover the last 6 tiers (post-wotlk) over half of them have taunt swaps. its so fucking boring.
    Agree. I think they really need to get away from this idea that every tank fight needs to have equal responsibility between the tanks, the more fun tank fights are the ones were tanks are doing different things and have to work together. Or... I don't even really think that 10 mans should have to have 2 tanks, I think shit could be far more interesting if there were more fights designed for 1 tank (from a tanking perspective in a vacuum, I'm well aware there are a lot of other issues that fall off from that).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

The only thing I find remotely fun/interesting about stacking debuff taunt swap fights is attempting, or being able to say: "Oh, that's a cute stacking debuff, let me just ignore it with my vengeance scaling self heals." Granted that did get nerfed a tad this tier. (as it indeed needed to be) But I think I might be able to solo tank Malkorok. Unless the debuff gets to a point where his attacks are swinging for my entire health and therefor every hit I take will be a slight loss of health even if my absorb is topped off between each swing. Idk, I wanna give it a try this week.

Malky hits for what 140-210k, 175k average, increasing by 10% each fatal strike which he does every 2 seconds or so, for 100 second or so before the first blood rage, so you're going to get about 50 stacks or +500% increase in damage so he'll be hitting for about 1 million damage as he goes into Blood rage where you will continue to be hit in excess of 1m every 2.5 seconds during a period of heave raid damage (if you have 2 peeps out of stack at a time gettign dispelled it'll be closer to 1.4m), after which he gains a 25% damage buff, so you'll have about 75 seconds to burn him before he starts hitting over a million again(assuming you manage to drop your stacks during blood rage).

looking at having to Malkorok in under 3 minutes, if you healers can keep you up through the 1.4m hits during Blood rage. probably should take GoSW and pop it there
    MoP RPS Calculator

Tried it last night, this happened at 45 stacks:
    [22:56:45.361] Malkorok hits Casadebox 192476 (A: 640463)
    [22:56:48.393] Malkorok hits Casadebox 91118 (O: 115368, A: 1002068)
    [22:56:48.971] Malkorok Ancient Miasma Casadebox 91119 (O: 23121)
    [22:56:49.009] Casadebox dies

I figure I might give it another shot once we're all 560ish.

Do you have another place where your and Olivia's videos can be seen? Or can you tell me how to mute the adds?
    I guess you don't sell the space for advertisements on Tankspot yourself, but whoever does has made the site a pain to watch here in Denmark. Regularly an add appears "celebrating" that we are visitors number *same_number_every_time" with a contest and a loud fanfare - much louder than the sound and giving everyone in the room a chok every time... so I have to turn off the speakers and scroll the video back... and it triggers enrage!
    I love your videos, but I can't stand this much longer - it gets on my nerves.

Youtube. If you click on the little Youtube symbol on the bottom right of the video (underneath the progress bar) you can see the video on Youtube, which may not have the annoying adds.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Halgrimm View Post
    Do you have another place where your and Olivia's videos can be seen? Or can you tell me how to mute the adds?
    I guess you don't sell the space for advertisements on Tankspot yourself, but whoever does has made the site a pain to watch here in Denmark. Regularly an add appears "celebrating" that we are visitors number *same_number_every_time" with a contest and a loud fanfare - much louder than the sound and giving everyone in the room a chok every time... so I have to turn off the speakers and scroll the video back... and it triggers enrage!
    Do you mean the advertisements on the site itself, or on the video?

If they are on the video, then which adds appear are generally up to google (who owns youtube) and not the video owner. If they are on the site, then we can probably do something about them.

They are on the site - usually in the box to the right of the top box.

Thx for tip, Tengenstein.

They are on the site - usually in the box to the right of the top box.

Thx for tip, Tengenstein.
    You could also become a ZAM Premium member which means no ads, but I understand if you don't want to do that. If not, then yes, watching it right on youtube is the best solution.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Actually I would like to contribute to the site, but when I click the blue Premium-link, I get this message:

TankSpot does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.

- no idea why.

Actually I would like to contribute to the site, but when I click the blue Premium-link, I get this message:

TankSpot does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.

- no idea why.
    Try this link: http://www.zam.com/premium.html

- no idea why.
    Sign up for zam.com/premium with the same email address you used to register your account at tankspot. Then sign in to tankspot with that email address instead of your user-name. You will then have the "Donor" privileges unlocked here and can log in using the "Halgrimm" user-name.

can you include the date/time you see this advertisement and the brand/product if possible? I'll work on getting it removed. a screenshot of it happening would be great too. Thanks.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks Kazeyonoma.

Well I managed to get premium and enjoy it, but I tried to open page without logging in and within minutes it was there. I made a screenshot and cut it out - date and time is included and correct - but can't figure out how to add the picture. S'Clicked Image, Selected it and uploaded it, but the file gets a red circle with an ! in it - toolmark 'undefined'.

Upload it to imgur.com, and then embed it with the [img] tag.

Not sure I did it right, but this link works for me in another browser:

http://imgur.com/XVsuxaQ

+ Reply to Thread