+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a Macro to change your spec and Gear?

Is there a Macro to change your spec and Gear?

i am looking to make a macro so i can hit a button and it will change my Spec and my gear in one button... only problem is i can't come up with the /command for ether changing the gear or the spec...

Can anyone Help me?

Code:
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1
    /equipset [spec:1] DPS; Tanking
    DPS and Tanking are the names of equipment sets using the in-game equipment manager. Spec:1 is your primary spec, spec:2 is your secondary spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kininye View Post
    Code:
    DPS and Tanking are the names of equipment sets using the in-game equipment manager. Spec:1 is your primary spec, spec:2 is your secondary spec.
    thank you for the help

Or just make life easy and use ItemRack. It's awsome. Set up as many sets as you want. I've got one for my arms, protection, naked, fishing, Highest rated equipment (for Leviathon), and a couple other for special occasions. Little icon sits on your minimap, and opens to as many other little icons as you have sets. click and it changes your UI buttons and gear. All you have to do is change your dual spec if necessary. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kininye View Post
    Code:

ive have tryd to do this on my pala i changed Equipment manager to the same names as in the macro you posted but it does not change gear for me just spec what should i do/try if you could help it would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Lokim View Post
    ive have tryd to do this on my pala i changed Equipment manager to the same names as in the macro you posted but it does not change gear for me just spec what should i do/try if you could help it would be nice
    I think you just need to swap the two commands around, I've not tried the macro itself but I often find myself trying to swap spec and gear at the same time and I've found that you can't swap gear while you're "casting" to change your second spec. So if you were to swap them around like this:

it should work, since you're swapping your items first then changing spec.

I just set up this very same macro yesterday for my prot warrior. It's important to note, that your set names are case sensitive, so they need to match exactly to how you have them in the equipment manager.

I also added the following to shift stances:

/cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance; Battle Stance

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulíp View Post

I think you just need to swap the two commands around, I've not tried the macro itself but I often find myself trying to swap spec and gear at the same time and I've found that you can't swap gear while you're "casting" to change your second spec. So if you were to swap them around like this:

it should work, since you're swapping your items first then changing spec.
    I tried this out, and had the same problem. My outstanding issue is that when swapping to a Titan's Grip spec, it won't work. (I can't equip the weapons until after I respec...) So for now, I have respec on a macro, and change gear using item rack. Anyone have a fix for this?

/in 6 /equipset [spec:1] DPS; Tanking

havent tested but it should work.

Works like a charm to use the macro:

As long as its not used on a char with a build that uses talented dualwield and 2h dual wield like a warrior with "Titan's Grip" or a shaman with "Dual Wield"

Its just to bad that you cant make a delay script into it.

so that macro wont work
    Chizari.

Source: Chizari

"/usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1
    /in 6 /equipset [spec:1] DPS; Tanking"

Not perfect but will change Talent specs and stances, and when changing from Fury will switch gear, changing from Def Spec to Fury requires an additional Macro to switch gear after the Titans Grip Talent has been learned.
    Code:
    /equipset [set:Fury] Def
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; Berserker Stance
    /usetalents [spec:2] 1;  2

Quote Originally Posted by Malaegis View Post
    I tried this out, and had the same problem. My outstanding issue is that when swapping to a Titan's Grip spec, it won't work. (I can't equip the weapons until after I respec...) So for now, I have respec on a macro, and change gear using item rack. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Servers are down for maint right now, so I can't tell you exactly where. In item rack events, you can bind a spec to a talent set. So after it sees new talents it will equip the proper gear. So you still only need the single macro to change specs.

I'm a DK and was spec'd blood tank / blood dps, so I also added:
    Code:
     #show [spec:1] Frost Presence; Blood Presence;
    to the front of the macro to remind me which spec I was in, and what presence I needed up. I tried changing the presence in the macro, however the only way I could get it to change was before the spec change. Unfortunately, changing specs cancels any presence you have up. If anyone has a way around this, I'd love to hear it.

My primary is Fury PvE. Thus, I have titans grip. And I made this macro and it works perfectly;

/cast berserker stance
    /in 5.25 /equipset FURY
    /usetalents 1

Changes stance, tells it to equip my gear but waits for the casting for the spec switch to complete, switches to Fury spec, and throws on my gear. Works like a charm.

So, in general;
    /cast [stance if necessary]
    /equipset [set name (case sensitive)] if needed, due to cast time, put /in 5.25 before /equipset. This will equip gear immediately after cast is finished.
    /usetalents [1 or 2]

Good luck.

-Dreiak
    Last edited by Dreiak; 12-10-2009 at 04:32 PM.

I simply use Outfitter; I has a built in script that (when set up) automatically swaps my gear over when i change specs; just have to keep it updated when i upgrade.

also; good idea about the leviathan fight gear; i didn't think of it before

/equipset [spec:1] dps; [spec: 2]heal
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1 TRIED AND TESTED

+ Reply to Thread