+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 7 - Agg Gets Bossy

Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 7 - Agg Gets Bossy

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

For some reason I got no sound until I popped it out into a youtube tab...weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

"Now that we have drunk some beer let's go drive a car..." Phsychostick anyone?

Spoils of Pandaria forever! I still can't exactly put my finger on why I like this fight. I've experienced it from a heals and rdps perspective. Maybe its the "opening some present, oh and then kill lots of stuff" type deal. And its somewhat challenging to get the right pace of opening boxes to beat the timer.

One challenge blizzard has in designing encounter is that different raid groups have different general raid skills. What I mean is that one group might have strong dps so dps checks are a joke versus another fight has those "personal mechanics" type fights where everyone needs to be aware or else you wipe. I get this from running with a couple of different groups regularly. I do a fight with one group and then go to the other group and say, "man this is tough, prepare for a long night" and then we 2 or 3 shot it because this group is better at such and such mechanic. And likewise, I breeze through a fight in one group and then get frustrated when the other group can't stop dying to something that I thought was a simple mechanic (but really might not have been simple, it just wasn't a big deal for the first group). I know its not a perfect comparison situation since I'm one constant in both groups and bring my experiences back and forth, but really I still think that some people just "get" different mechanics and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I know you wanted responses about bosses, but Agg, I don't care what you say or how you feel about it, you earned that headband just as much as Ion and I did.

<Jumps up out of the bushes>

Hey guys its Boda! I quit playing back in Febuary and haven't been around for a while. Ive been missing the game lately and decided to check in on good old Tankspot and what do I find Agg running his own show!

Cool stuff man, you were always a great community member to theroycraft with back in the day, I'm sure your knowledge will be welcome to the community in your shows.

I'll have to send you a PM for questions in your next show. What is the topic, or is any question fair game?

- Boda
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Any question is fair game. My friend Logan even wants me to start fielding LOL questions for him to answer vicariously through me since I don't actually play LOL.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Really you don't play anymore either?

I desperately want to come back, though I doubt I would have the time to seriously raid, I just miss playing. This flex raiding stuff seems interesting. Though I need something to bring me back. I'm hoping the next x pac will do it. I need something with a great storyline like Wrath probably. Cata was ok, MoP pretty much killed it for me, mediocre storyline, endless grinding, lack of recruitable people on my server. Perhaps I just need to change servers.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Also on the subject of tasty beverages have you tried Sam Adams limited seasonal releases, Harvest Pumpkin and White Christmas? Fall/Winter what a great time for tasty beverages.

LOL = League of Legends in this context, not laugh out loud. (one of the reasons I refuse to play league of legends, it's acronym is LOL).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

You know, I'm not a big Sam Adams fan, occasionally their smaller batch stuff is pretty delicious, and I did like their White Christmas beer and am a big fan of their Kolsch, but otherwise, MEH.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    LOL = League of Legends in this context, not laugh out loud. (one of the reasons I refuse to play league of legends, it's acronym is LOL).
    HaHa, I don't think I could play it because of the acronym either. This probably inst the place but since were conversing here... Have there been any major changes to warrior tanking since early mop of note? Just curious since I haven't been keeping up.

Riposte! Avoidance adds 75% crit value, which has significantly increased avoidance warrior's DPS output and revenge rage generate has been increased to 20. That's the high points. Treckie and I talk about this briefly (which should be posted momentarily as soon as Kazey wakes up, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED88Wmco2xw <- if you want the link now) and Episode 4 talks about it in depth.

Basically "if you're not dying and aren't undergeared, avoidance can be a huge DPS increase, especially from a 10 man raid perspective where the warrior DPS is a higher precentage of the overall raid DPS, but not dying is still paramount, and stam/mastery is still the best for that, and there are some fights (Garrosh and some hard modes) that just hit like trucks and you can't really go pure avoidance reliably".

Thanks for the concise summary.

+ Reply to Thread