+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 6 - LOLOLOLOLFR

Aggathon's Rage Bar Ep 6 - LOLOLOLOLFR

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

*cough* that's supposed to be [h=2]LOLOLOLOLFR[/h]
    not LOLER...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Is everything up to date in Kansas City? They gern about as far as they can go?
    Stupid movie pun done, on to LFR.....

I haven't gotten in to do Nazgrim on LFR yet, but I can see the soft enrage being a complete cockblock. I was in a flex group where I was beating half or more of the DPS on my tankadin, and any time we got to the 10% mark, everyone would seem to just start dropping like flies from the outpour of adds and then 20 seconds later I have half an army bearing down on me because the last healer got gibbed by a Ironstorm while backing away form a rogue add. Maybe that one will nerf itself over time as people gear up, maybe i needs a small tweak to the add spawn-rate. Hard to say which way blizzard would go with that one.

Norushen was definitely one that needed work when it was released. I believe it has received a number of hot-fixes though. Not sure if the prevailing strategy is still to get 5 stacks to beat the enrage or not, I haven't done it since the first week it was out.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 10-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Today i learned US LFRers are better at mechanics then UK LFRers. We have no problems with Burning Nazgrim, but at least 5 people need to be kicked to do Nazgrim because they just do not get defensive stance and invariably they're the "top dps" on the meters, because unsurprisingly you do higher DPS if you don't stop DPS 33% of the time.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Yeah, that question about cross-faction raiding was from me, Agg. As to LFR, I've only had experience with part 1 and that was last week. People seemed to have it figured out for the most part. I got lucky and was picked for the test on Norushen so I was happy to blast away at my adds and then spank the boss. Sha of Pride wasn't even too bad, there seemed to be enough people that understood what to do with prisons and killing the add in the back of the room. He just melted away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Today i learned US LFRers are better at mechanics then UK LFRers. We have no problems with Burning Nazgrim, but at least 5 people need to be kicked to do Nazgrim because they just do not get defensive stance and invariably they're the "top dps" on the meters, because unsurprisingly you do higher DPS if you don't stop DPS 33% of the time.
    No we have those too...... you have to know how to motivate people. Make it a competition to see who can have the highest DPS WITH the lowest percentage of it being on the boss. That seemed to work well for the e-peeners in my flex group.

Yeah, no.

These guys think the ravagers are time based, so think we have to burn the boss before too many of them fill the room. No amount of pointing out mechanics or linking from the Dungeon journal can convince otherwise.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Lol....... ok, EU wins the battle of the stupids on that one. At least Nazgrim got some minor nerfs in LFR. 10% health reduction, gains 1 less rage for getting hit/hitting people with special abilities, shamans heal less.

Had a great wing one LFR today, we wiped on sha because we had one healer doing dispels and 50% of the raid weren't stacked. the consensus was that we didn't have time to stack because we needed to burn the boss before too many Dots went out and that much movement would lower the DPS too much.

And everytime i queue as DPS the tanks seem incapable of handling the front prison, or picking up the little adds, they just stick round the front wailing on the boss....there isn't even a taunt swap on LFR....aren't they bored?
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hotfixes (2nd October):
    Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:

General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
    General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
    General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
    General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
    General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
    Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).
    Kor'kron Warshaman's Empowered Chain Heal now heals for 4% of maximum health (down from 10%

Called it!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I am presently sittingin an LFR with 3 people, becuse we couldn't kick the blood DK tank, who doesn't know what diseases are, can't hold AoE aggro and is using a wrath metagem. Its a DPS wrath meta gem too.

LFR; a reason to go outside and play in the sun. even of it is 2 AM.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I am presently sittingin an LFR with 3 people, becuse we couldn't kick the blood DK tank, who doesn't know what diseases are, can't hold AoE aggro and is using a wrath metagem. Its a DPS wrath meta gem too.

LFR; a reason to go outside and play in the sun. even of it is 2 AM.
    I have yet to enter a single LFR on any character since the patch. I do not intend on changing this.

I just wanted to test out my arms spec...
    MoP RPS Calculator

I haven't braved LFR since the first wing dropped. You're a better man than I Teng.... that or just don't have as good of self-preservation instincts...

+ Reply to Thread