+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep15 Flexytime!

Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep15 Flexytime!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I was tanking a LFR spine with a troll dps once. I tanked all the amalgs he was able to spawn and the OT just grabbed one when he needed to blow up a plate. One of my proudest moments ever.

I agree with the main point about people chilling out about LFR "toughness/easyness." If a fight does bad enough past a week, Blizz will nerf it like they did early on with Galaron LFR in Heart of Fear. I got lucky on that one, first night of it and only a wipe or two on it and we got it (solo queued). My friend, not so lucky and hours later was still there.

I have to say Flex is great. Wipe a few times here and there but usually with an organized group and decent leader, it can get done in a short amount of time. Even can be a night of raiding for a normal mode guild. In one group I'm in, we knew our main druid healer wasn't going to be there for a night, so we just did both parts of flex, had a nice time and then came in the night after and downed a few more normal mode bosses. Given the gear was at least better than normal mode ToT gear, it was worth spending the time doing it.

I get the very strange feeling that Olivia is about to become the latest Blizzard employee. 2 weeks in California eh.

Oh and remove PVP entirely from PVE realms.
    Last edited by Hega; 10-01-2013 at 03:53 AM.

For what its worth, I feel Flex is working as intended. Put me in the group that no longer does LFR. Some of it may be due to having completed 2 cloak chains and there is no real need to go every week for VP capping or getting quest drops.

Of all the LFR I have done, most of them were bad, there were some great people in there also, but the bad outweighed the good in my experiences. There were a handful of awesome ones and those were amazing when everyone was on point. The learning curve is still in every raid tier in every difficulty, and will take a bit longer due to some of the people in the group that no longer does LFR are in attendance. Additionally, Olivia nailed it, there is no bouncer at the ilvl door.

Last month I was in a cafe for lunch break and watched in horror as this guy on his laptop was in LFR, eating soup, staring at his screen for the 5 minutes I timed it.

Last week, in a ToT LFR to get the heart off of Lei Shen, was another terrible run, we wiped 4 times, and barely killed the boss with only 2 people left alive. I like to help out and offer help on runs when in them, being constructive is very helpful to the newer players, but when my off tank doesn't know what to do after being told 3 times not to taunt the boss back with fusion slash or decapitate on, enough is enough. There are better things to do than wiping on old content with people who don't care. New content wipes are expected, its almost funny watching Nazgrims rage bar fill up within seconds, while their are about 5 people all spamming, stop hitting the boss.
    I can't wait to hear the complaints about Thok, "why is the boss killing me?"

LFR unfortunately will always have people who are new, people who don't care, people who eat soup, people who like to wipe for a buff, people that try to help, and great people who just don't have the time to have an organized raid. I have noticed that when ever there is a mechanic that is raid dependent, it takes LFR a lot longer to learn learn it than in organized runs, if its getting frustrating, leave and come back in a week or two

Thok in LFR is going to be just as hilarious as Elegon LFR was at first....floor drops out, 75% of the raid dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallie View Post
    Thok in LFR is going to be just as hilarious as Elegon LFR was at first....floor drops out, 75% of the raid dead.
    Garrosh is going to be either impossible, or he is going to simply fall over. GOGO Iron Star and Desecrated Weapon! And interrupting the mind-controls, especially in P3?

the mechanic for switching Thok's phase in LFR is health based...if deeps isn't strong enough he's just gonna stay in the normal phase chain casting his AoE interrupt until everyone's dead.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread