+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Undead Racial Usefulness

Undead Racial Usefulness

So my guild recently switched from Alliance to horde. My Prot/Ret pally went Tauren, for the HP buff, and lets face it, a lack of any other real option, but my Warrior has a plethora of races to choose from.

My War will be played casually, so not really min/maxing, and while I Prot with him more often, I still keep his Fury spec up to date as well. This will be mostly LFR and some Flex raiding, with the rare regular raid runs.

Orc was the most obvious choice for a race due to the AP bonus, and potential Exp boost, but as I look around, all I see are Orcs and trolls, and figured maybe I could be different.

Figured I would possibly go Undead. I think they look much cooler than any other Horde race, esp with all the character options. The Touch of the Grace racial looks kind of fun, but I'm curious how useful it actually is. At a casual glance it seems amazing. Bonus dmg for extra threat/dps and a heal to help smooth the road out a bit.

I guess my question is, is the racial even noticeable at lvl 90 semi casual raiding?

I don't think either of the racials are particularly noticeable at level 90 raiding. Yes there's technically a "most optimal" racial, but they all have their place. For example, while taurens do have more hit points (but keep in mind it's base hit points, so it doesn't make stam worth more or anything) level 90 raiders/tanks have so many hit points that it's not noticeable. Yes the Orc Racial is more AP on a cooldown and it's technically an improvement, but it's not THAT much more damage.

I'm undead with my warrior for a couple of reasons: 1) back in TBC when I was leveling, cannibalize was the only way I COULD have leveled a warrior, lol. Way too much downtime/bandage usage without it, and it's surprisingly nice while doing dailies. 2) I originally rolled my warrior to PvP, and well... Will of the Forsaken is THE PvP talent, imo. 3) They look badass. I'm kinda fat in real life, I don't need to be a fat cow thing in my fantasy world!

As far as touch of the grave is concerned: it's nice, but it's not huge. Here's a WoL report: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gtafxoucxugzka2b/details/20/?s=16&e=358

O
    n Tortos I do a lot of AOE, so it's a lot less of a % of my damage, but it's still a 0.4% damage increase (which frankly is probably about what bloodfury is I would imagine, but I don't have any data to back that up right now). On Magthera in that same long, obviously a single target fight, TotG was 0.7% of my damage. So... there is an actual "hey look I did more damage" aspect, and it is kind of nice to get a small little heal while tanking or doing dailies, but it's really only noticable while doing dailies. It's too small of a heal to have a significant impact while tanking.

In the end I think it's which race you think looks the coolest or that you'd have the most fun with the racial abilities. I like undead a lot, all of my characters are undead except a priest I have that's a belf.

So... quantifiably it is technically noticeable... but it's not much, just like the rest of the racials, lol.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks for the reply. I think I will go Undead for my Warrior. Looks like it healed you from almost as much as bloodthirst did, but with only 1/3rd of the procs. Just with my Pally had as many racial options.

Strictly speaking Pandaren is the best race due to Epicurean.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

True. Panda never really crossed my mind. Keep forgetting that they can be more than just monks hah. I guess to me Panda=Monk and vice versa....

I'll have to check them out.

I don't think I personally have seen a single panda warrior, lol. I've seen a rogue and some shamans, but mostly just monks. I think a lot of people get into that mindset Keldoran, lol.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

/wave

I do like me some 900 stamina egg rolls. Well any egg rolls are pretty much OK in my book. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

the correct way to play a paladin is to go female BloodElf and rock a slutmog....... just saying

There are belfs which aren't female?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    There are belfs which aren't female?
    Yeah, I see the running around all the time. It boggles my mind.....

I almost went female Blood Elf, almost.

Then I saw the Tauren Paladin Kodo, and thought it was pretty cool looking, and figured that + more HP was pretty spiffy.

+ Reply to Thread