+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ok tuning in SoO heroic

we basically drag the whole group up to flamflingers, nuke them down, then take the remaining adds back to the flame strike
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    So far I find Dark Shamans to be the one that gives the most issues and that's because of the size of the playing field. Between tornados, green crap, purple swirls, ash fence things and meteor crash, it gets real small real fast and los to tanks can suck.

I can say I was disappointed in Nazgrim, I thought he deserved to be a tougher fight; maybe on heroic it will be.
    We spend 5 hours on Dark Shamans HC, 3 shot Nazgrim. He's really easy on heroic, nothing that can really kill you apart from the ground effect that you can very easily dodge and is the same as normal.

And for you guys discussing Galakras positioning etc, here's our heroic kill, it's basically exactly the same as normal with higher number requirements so it might be helpful to watch.

Last edited by Valaras; 09-20-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Where do you guys tank the adds? we've been tanking them back in the big flamestrike, is it better to move up and just stack where the flameflingers stand?
    On Alliance side we get a blizzard from Jania, so we have the tank pull the adds back to the blizzard, except the ranged adds which we have our range focus down. Our comp downstairs is Bear tank, Pally, Shammy heals, Frost Mage, Ele Shammy and Monk.

Nice video Valaras. I noticed in phase 2 you had people up to 8 stacks of the flame debuff; we've been moving people out at 2 stacks (granted we're on normal); is this just necessary on heroic to build the stacks higher or are we just being too conservative?

We only have the tanks resetting their stacks. 2 heals, 2 tanks, Galakras is up for barely longer than lust.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Yeah 2 heals makes it much easier, I am not sure we could do it with 3 heals either.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

We generally will only 3 heal something when the mechanics require 3 healers or having more than 2 melee is an issue.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Nice video Valaras. I noticed in phase 2 you had people up to 8 stacks of the flame debuff; we've been moving people out at 2 stacks (granted we're on normal); is this just necessary on heroic to build the stacks higher or are we just being too conservative?
    Honestly I don't think we intentionally reset anything, but if you have healing trouble then it would make sense to reset the debuffs as much as you can.

Thanks. Healings not an issue so maybe we'll just let it be and not reset. Seems to cause more issues than it's worth with people running out and then the orb follows them and doesn't hit anyone.

Well if the person runs out behind the raid, the orb will still go through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    Well if the person runs out behind the raid, the orb will still go through them.
    Yeah, agree; we've been having them run to the side - personally I just bubble it off.

We did Blackfuse last night; that was a fun fight. Two healed and sent one person on the conveyor and he burned fast. So far this may be my favorite fight in SoO.

Returning to my original post. Malkorok Heroic is actually harder than anything before it, and spoils even harder. I can only imagine it'll get harder and harder as we move closer to Garrosh, so now it does make sense why some early bosses were a bit too easy.

+ Reply to Thread