+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARB Episode 3 - Earl Grey Tea

ARB Episode 3 - Earl Grey Tea

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Idk why guys like Early Gray tea. It's made from flowers that taste blech. What's the deal guys?

Enjoyed the podcast.
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Quote Originally Posted by Keza View Post
    Idk why guys like Early Gray tea. It's made from flowers that taste blech. What's the deal guys?

Enjoyed the podcast.
    The flowers DON'T taste blech. Thus the liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

I feel that i must disagree to your view on avoidance for warriors. (unfortunately i don't play a DK which the question was about, but you mentioned warriors in there too).
    With the change to revenge - now giving 20rage per instead of 15 - having higher avoidance generally will mean more revenge hits over devastate spam.
    Now add that in with the fact you will have higher crit with an avoidance build now means you will also get enraged alot more often, giving 10 rage per crit. On top of that more devastate crits = more shield slams, which in-turn will give more ultimatum procs, which are now guaranteed crits meaning even more enrage procs.
    With all this added rage, this week i have found that it is extremely easy to keep up shield block and full barriers which smooths out damage intake immensely, even more then my 92% mastery build did in ToT. And with a nice bonus of a pretty decent dps increase - since i raid in 10man - it does help quite a bit (though not as Important as staying alive).
    The downside to the build is less critical blocks, however i feel this is far out weighed by the heavy rage gen allowing full barriers all the time along with shield blocks whenever needed without rage starving yourself.
    I would love any further thoughts you or anyone else has on this. Also i would like to comment that i love that you have started this show, i miss my weekly Tankspot Q/A videos and i'm glad to see a warrior doing them instead of that pally guy lore! (<3 lore)

Ideas for your into - it needs rage, lots of rage. And a beard.

if you devastate less (I.E. are revenging more instead of devastate spam) then you get less shield slams. Shield slam and devastate are the only things that crits = more rage. So the more you revenge, the less rage you get from critical strikes. So... that's one point you're incorrect about.

Revenge being 20 rage means all stat stacking methods are better, regardless of avoidance. I've felt like I've been swimming in rage and I have 23% total avoidance. Also HS crits dont = enrage.

Even before the revenge changes I never had an issue with keeping shield block up, filling gaps with shield barriers. That, to me, always seemed a function of making sure you were hit/exp capped.

Avoidance is obviously more DPS, and I will grant that. I may even grant that for 10 man if you're over gearing stuff and want more DPS, then sure go avoidance.

But all that math still says that for damage smoothing (TMI) and even on some sims total TDR, Mastery/Stam builds http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...285#post568285

FREX:

Stamina stacking, Mastery reforging Lao-Chins & jade warlord: 176,104 dps, 64,252 dtps, 10095.9 TMI

Mastery stacking, SPA & Stuff of night mares: 184635 dps, 48943 dtps, 9655.0 TMI
    Mastery stacking, Lao-chins & jade Warlord: 177561 dps, 51605 dtps, 6285.7 TMI
    Mastery Stacking SPA & Fortitude: 181080 dps, 46078 dtps, 796.7 TMI
    Avoidance Stacking, SPA & Stuff of Nightmares: 202395 dps, 46361 dtps, 11117.3 TMI

T15 heroic Pally haste stacking Soul Barrer & Lao-chins: 212626 dps, 84195 dtps, 19683.1 TMI

Note the two bold/underlined ones.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I have a ilvl 521 mage that went to Timeless Isle.

It is the most boring content I have experienced in the game. I did quite a few quests and got gear that did nothing for me. I stopped doing them.

I will never take my mage or any other 90 to Timeless Isles. It's boring.

Oh andIwent from 216 pounds to 140 pounds in 2 months. Chemo does that shit to ya.

Sorry to hear about the Chemo, hopefully it worked!

I wish I was a ranged DPS on the Isle, then I could just zone out while I watched TV to grind rep! But yes, if you're 521 I can imagine that the Timeless Isle is pretty much useless.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

Yeah gotta say Agg i got my 535 trinket and now i'm pretty much out of shit to do on TI except the world bosses and the valour once a week and the valour daily.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I know the trinket in Magister's terrace of which you speak: 'the shard of contempt.' I farmed that instance daily and when it dropped someone else won the roll. I think I saw it drop maybe twice and to make it worse all the other melee dps in the guild had it. pft!
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sorry to hear about the Chemo, hopefully it worked!

I wish I was a ranged DPS on the Isle, then I could just zone out while I watched TV to grind rep! But yes, if you're 521 I can imagine that the Timeless Isle is pretty much useless.
    Yep the Chemo and the surgery did the trick. Thanks.

I also see a lot of players like you wanting to team up with ranged DPS. I have helped out a few before I decided that Timeless was basically useless.

Hi I just caught up with your first three vids. Great work I enjoyed them all. Earl grey tea yummy. I like lemon and ginger tea when I have a cold..don't put milk in it yuk...herbal tea is nice. I'm a fan of red wine. I also find the timeless isle boring but I haven't given it a real chance yet due to work kids and Uni. I did find out how badly I suck at being a hunter which I've played since just b4 the release of B.C. Trying to get that bloody cloak and also complete proving grounds. However, I still love hunting. Do you know if flex raid can be done between oceanic realm and U.S. realms?I'm levelling a warrior it's fun tanking but I haven't done anything that tests my skills. I'm guessing I'll suck at that too. Krinsta

Glad you liked them! Episode 4 should be up soon, worth taking a look at especially if you're interested more in warrior tanking at level 90.

Unfortunately you can't do cross-region with FlexRaid. I really wish you could so I could raid with Fetzie and Teng!

lol..... that awkward moment when the tankspot donors do a Cross Realm FlexRaid and half of the raid calls dibs on main tanking.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    . I really wish you could so I could raid with Fetzie and Teng!
    then you might actually be able to get Flex down ! :P
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I've got a horde hunter on shadow council hmm maybe if I post an add here for an oceanic flex raid open raid isn't that good for oceanic realms?

+ Reply to Thread