+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legitimate Gold Making

Legitimate Gold Making

Howdy!

I like gold. Apparently, I fail at producing obscene amounts of real life money but in Wow, I do all right but well, Im always looking for ways to make more. I tend to not enjoy standing in the AH and doing what some addon tells me to. I much prefer to craft things with my own hands (or my character(s) hands, as it were) and beating it out of mobs out in the world (of Warcraft)

That said, I've downloaded TSM and am playing with it, mostly, to manage my crafting for cash and auctioning off all the various bits and pieces I collect out in the world.

I'd like to see this thread become more involved and interactive, have folks sharing their ideas and techniques with their fellow Tankspotters. Its the last week before school starts and I have my wife and children all in the office and simply cannot concentrate on the seemingly pretty cool tutorial video I found for TSM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29m8kb1pCEY

As such, I'm going to go out and do some old fashioned grinding until such time as they go find something else to do and leave me the hell alone.

I'll give up one good spot here where I'm headed now. In Dread Wastes, the scar that leads up to the wall contains groups of about 9 mobs (1 Slayer and 8 Warriors) that you can AoE down pretty quickly. There are about 5 packs of these and a few other assorted mobs in between. With a Potion of Luck, I can run the gauntlet and beat the obs down for cloth, cash, greens, motes, etc. Its fairly profitable. The key is to make a round, log and swpa to another character while they respawn(like a miner or herbalist, maybe) and rinse repeat.

I'm going to try and track a few potions worth of this run and cruch some numbers (because in some bizzare twist ementating from grad school, I've become a stat nerd go figure.)

Post! share ideas! Go make some gold and buy a yak and a rocket and all the various and sundry other bits you'd buy if only you had enough gold!
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Oh a Yak, I really want one, but alas with all my alts I never really get about about 30k gold.

If you mine or herb make sure to get a pair of Mist Piercing Goggles; I mine around the Heartland and can get 10 stacks of ore in no time. I find ore sells like hell on my server. Also, if you fish, get the Ancient Pandarian Fishing Charm, then check with Bill of the Booming Vocie for where the pools are - Red Belly Mandarian day is my favorite, that fish sells well on my server.

I have not taken the time to really learn TSM just yet but its promising, if complicated. The problem with any number of gold making techniques is the lack of server activity. I hope the connected realms remedies some of that, creating a larger pool of players with which to trade.

I've been building up stockpiles the past few days of materials for the patch. With new trade skill goodies, the demand for ghost iron, windwool and perhaps, some herbs will increase significantly. As such, my realized profits are not extraordinary. I've also been working on a few alts, and purchased some gear for a few others.

That said, I've pulled an 800g+ profit per day over the past week. I hit my primo farming spot a couple times and cleaned up despite the competition. Its a poorly kept secret but in Deepholm, the Needlerock Crag area where there are troggs fighting earthen all over the place is a gold mine to AoE farm with a potion of treasure finding. I pulled 59 chests out in an hour just now with stiff competition and the need to go mail crap.

I blew most of my gold just before I took a break from the game. I've been back a 6 weeks or so and gone from 20k to 94k in that span, only really working at it the past few weeks.

Certainly, there are some far more adept and serious gold makers out there than I to be sure. That's fine, I'm having fun with it and simply wanted to get some discussion moving on the forums. Enjoy!
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread