+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for a site for gear weights/rankings

looking for a site for gear weights/rankings

like the title says i'm looking for a site to give me some idea of the value for various bits of gear for my prot warrior, saving me from doing all the math myself. i'm aware of both mr robot and max dps, however both have conflicting lists, and both have outdated or simply wrong idea's for warrior tanking. leading me to question how valid the rest of what they say is. the warrior is only just about to become my main so i'm sort of playing catch up here. any help would be appreciated.

Do you mean you want a site that ranks all the gear for each slot?

If so, the problem is that the ranking will vary based on the rest of your gear. For instance, every BiS list is dependent on having all of the gear in the list. If for instance you cannot get the pants they list, then it could change your overall stats in such a way that multiple other pieces should be a different piece. Or, if they recommend four piece bonus with a non-tier helm, but you just can't get it to drop or can't get that boss down, you might use tier, at least for a while. That will change many of the other pieces as to what is the best fit with your current gear.

For askmrrobot to work best, you have to make sure it is set up to have the same priorities on stats that you want. Even then, the complexity in considering your current gear like I mentioned above, is what can really make askmrrobot seem to jump around on it's suggestions. There are two ways for askmrrobot to show a "BiS". One way shows the best match with your current gear. The other shows the BiS if you can get every piece they suggest. Make sure you are understanding which suggestion you are looking at.

I would trust robot more than maxdps.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

And to further complicate things the value of stamina will change relative to the content you're doing, and all the stats will vary in value depending on how well you play.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Oh, I also forgot the content level, which Teng's post reminded me. This is another setting that you should make sure is correct on askmrrobot. If you leave it at the default of heroic, but your guild doesn't typically down all/most of the heroics, it will likely lead you wrong. Be realistic and if normals are your guild's bread and butter, build around that expectation. Any heroic gear after that is just icing on the cake.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

hmmm, i hadn't considered stam relative to content tanked, but i see how that would be important now that you mention it. i realize also that gear weights will change relative to the rest of your gear, you kind of have to juggle. i'm pretty much just looking for more options than mr robot and max dps. mr robot is the one i use now, with the custom weights. thanks for the input.

It's better to know what you want/need then trust on a list with stat weights. For example as prot warrior hit/expertise cap and a certain amount of stamina to survive for heroic horridon.
    I do use max dps sometimes but just to see what's available their ranking is usually rubbish, then I determine myself what's the best option or which option would be easiest to get depending on progress. It's also useful to see how much hit/expertise the whole tier of gear has as dps warrior there is way too much hit this tier, while stat weights only look at 1 piece of gear.

I have been playing only arms/fury but what i remember from our warrior tank is expertise+hit>780-800k hp(10manhc)>mastery

+ Reply to Thread