+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talk Azeroth with Olivia - Ep11 - Tinfoil Rolling and Loot Equality

Talk Azeroth with Olivia - Ep11 - Tinfoil Rolling and Loot Equality

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

LFR and BoAs

Hi olivia,

Thanks for the weekly show. I recently returned to WoW, I left during WoTLK due to the game being too repetitive and decided to give it a try when MoP came out. I have found many changes that are good, but some that are terrible. To give you some background I was in a small guild before where I was the primary healer in 10 man, so if i didnt show up the raid didnt happen (I got burned out rather quickly) so this LFR is a great thing for me.

Logging in and being able to see endgame content is awsome, but it also has its downside. Guilds and PuGs (I havent checked out your Oqueue addon yet) require a pretty high ilvl before they will "let" you attend raids so you are usually stuck doing LFR until your eyes bleed getting gear. Currently you can get, correct me if I'm wrong, all the same gear in LFR that you can get in 25 man heroic, albeit lower ilvl so why not continue that with BoAs? Perhaps BoAs that only scale to 95 instead of 100, or even better have BoAs that scale lower than normal, ie add in ilvl scaling as well so the weapon can be LFR tagged.

On a side note I am really upset with Blizzard for caving in to the PVE community and completely destroying PVP. I am and never was a great PVPer, but I strived to get PVP gear so that I could join a BG or world PVP and have fun. Sure it was frustrating when I got pitted against that fully PVP geared player and got 2 shot, but that gave me more incentive to better my gear. Now Having a full set of PVP gear in world PVP especially means nothing but a waste of your time. I miss the days when PVP and PVE were treated as two separate games. Let's move back to that so it doesnt turn into "do this to be successful" meaning PVE FTW.

Instead basically disolving resilience, by giving everyone equal resilience they in fact got rid of it, they should have done a better job with the Queue system to match people better, would it be longer waits sure, but at least it wouldnt destroy what players have worked for. Would it make those PVE'ers happy no, but what makes Blizzard think that PVPp'ers or PVE'ers should have the best of both worlds? Bring back the fun of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaj Steelfist View Post
    Hi olivia,

Currently you can get, correct me if I'm wrong, all the same gear in LFR that you can get in 25 man heroic, albeit lower ilvl so why not continue that with BoAs? Perhaps BoAs that only scale to 95 instead of 100, or even better have BoAs that scale lower than normal, ie add in ilvl scaling as well so the weapon can be LFR tagged.

Now Having a full set of PVP gear in world PVP especially means nothing but a waste of your time.
    I really hope they don't put the weapon BoAs in LFR. Don't get me wrong I run LFR all the time, but letting flex raiders and up have a small perk is a good thing. Making the Legendary available to all levels was a nice inclusive move by Blizzard, but letting the organized raid groups get a BoA weapon, or a chance at one, seems a fair reward; and with Flex I see more of movement of people out of LFR into Flex and up.

As for the pvp gear issue, that argument sort of makes me laugh at all the pvpers who used to go crazy ganking players who were in pve gear and claiming it was skill. Seems it was just gear; the QQ should be embarassing to the pvp community since it comes down to; "I don't outgear the opposition now I suck, fix this Blizz."

Really? People worried that 10 levels > 5 levels will mean twice the leveling time frame? Sometimes, the (low) intelligence level of the WOW community stuns me. Imagine that Blizzard decides it should take X time to reach the cap. You can divide that into however many increments you want (5, 10, whatever), but it will still take the same amount of time. This is akin to thinking that you suddenly have more hot dog on your plate when you cut the frank into tiny bits.

Have your cake and eat it too

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I really hope they don't put the weapon BoAs in LFR. Don't get me wrong I run LFR all the time, but letting flex raiders and up have a small perk is a good thing. Making the Legendary available to all levels was a nice inclusive move by Blizzard, but letting the organized raid groups get a BoA weapon, or a chance at one, seems a fair reward; and with Flex I see more of movement of people out of LFR into Flex and up."

How can you say that granting everyone the same resilience is any different then giving everyone a chance at a nice BoA weapon? I agree it wasnit a matter of skill, although some players do have skill and the gear to boot, (I'm not one of them) but working for the gear is the point, if you didn't put in the time to get the PVP gear then you got rolled by a "noob" in PVP gear. Letting PVPers have some perks is a good thing. Since Blizzard is in the market of giving all the PVE players what they want then they should do the same for PVPers and make the BoAs drop in LFR.

or just give the PVPers a some PVP heirlooms that yu can purchase after a specific rating?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread