+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep 09 - Support And The Store

Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep 09 - Support And The Store

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

At the bottom of the wall right underneath the quest giver in dread waste is a rope that you can click on that will pull you up.

Support: Class Idea

So I understand your views on the class Idea, But I was thinking more on the Lines of the class being role support in spec, exp:

Much like Holy priests use chakra for incresses on , dps, direct heals, and aoe heals.
    This support class could benefit for such on the fly switchs for role support. utilizing passives that are prexisting.

Ex: Tank chakra, has a passive that is much like vengence and incresses dmg you do, but also reduces dmg taken by members with in so many yrds from you.
    a Healer charkra, could incress your spell power while incressing mana regen of those in so many yards from you

and a dps chakra could incress dmg you do, while incressing haste of those near you in so many yards.

now this is just my idea, and oviously just babble, but I could see a support class working.
    The 3 specs being Tank support, heal support, and dps support. or a combination of all 3 with diff passives.
    Personally Id love to see it as a hero class but starting at lvl 1. your thoughts on my take?

About Support Class

I'm thinking roughly the same system as the tanks active mitigation, but instead "active support". Just a thought about the basic idea of how a support class might work.

any one think of the pally aura system way back? reminds me of that

As someone who loves bards in Dungeons and Dragons(and Rift), I really like the idea of a support class, but unless they give other classes fourth 'support' specs I don't see it going over well. Either it'll be so OP you absolutely have to have that specific class(more difficult in 10-mans) or you'll get laughed at for playing it.

has anyone thought about how bards worked in everquest with song twisting between buff and damage songs

Re: Support Class

You spoke of LoL style support class and I thought I would make mention of Rift's support classes as I think Blizzard may have taken a look at them and liked how they worked. There have been some interesting support options brought to the table with Bards, Tacticians, Archons, Beast Masters, and Defilers. They do give out stat buffs, they do have "burst damage" buffs like heroism/bloodlust, but they also bring with debuffs, healing via damage, damage mitigation, and damage redirection. It could provide interesting gameplay and decision making depending on what tools are given (do I debuff the boss for 5% raid damage or 10% ranged or 10% melee damage....do I spot heal this one player for a sizeable amount or do I raid heal for a small amount.....do I drop this buff for a short burst of damage now or stack it with another buff...do I use this magical damage reduction now or the physical one later because they share the same cooldown timer). Check out the soul tree calculator on www.rifthead.com for the various souls I mentioned if you want to take a more in depth look.

Blizzard historically has been reactive to features in other games (or proactive when features for upcoming games are announced or rumored) and have not been shy about appropriating them. As such, systems and features working well in other games are a good guess as to what they may do.

I could see a "bard" class because it fits, if other games in which they existed are an indication. That said, Blizzard has drifted away from support roles for other classes like pallys and shammys, making them more in line with the 'holy trinity' archetypes. Here again, it wouldn't be the first time they have reversed course with their design. The advent of inscription added a new dimension and complexity to the game but they went back and butchered the talent trees to make it more simple.

So...who knows?
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread