+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps monk advice

dps monk advice

I was just wondering if someone might look at these logs and see if there is any major rotational errors or if the fact that this monk doesn't have a cloak and all her gear yet holding her back. I know i ran a sim and I came up with 219kdps single target and she never gets any where close to that. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=11

Hey Texan81 -

Looks like nobody's gotten back to you yet.

I'm by no means a monk DPS expert, but looking at the logs you posted I'm noticing that your Blackout Kick usage is way low. It's 1.4% of your damage output on the log you linked, with 4 casts. That should be much higher, both for the fact that you have a lot of Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick procs you aren't using, and for the fact that it puts up a DoT (standing behind your opponent) or a heal if you're in front. (In comparison, my guild's monk cast it 105 times on the same fight, it is 16% of his damage and 2nd on his list. )

Watching the playback of the log, you spend most of your time in front of Garrosh; that's a DPS loss right there. There are points after the Wheel of Death has gone by where you hang out in what looks like to be out of melee range, too, and you never really get back behind him for most of Phase 1.

Another thing you may or may not know is that if you have Rushing Jade Wind up, it's a fire and forget spell. As in, it goes to non-channeled, so you can just cast it, and then go back to hitting other attacks while it's going off.

Hard to tell what else you might be doing wrong without digging fairly deeply, but start with those and see if it makes a difference.

-T.

Thank you I will pass this on to my monk I appreciate the advice

low uptime on RSK debuff. Considering RSK it has an 8s CD, and you want to use it on CD and the debuff lasts 15s it shouldn't really have much if any down time. TIger power uptime should also be in the high 90s, it's not.

EDIT Post: i have immense Deja Vu over this post.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 05-27-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thank you Tengenstein for the info The Deja Vu is probably from me making the same post about the mage in my group. I use the people smarter than me on these forums to make me look like a better raid leader.
    Last edited by Texan81; 05-30-2014 at 12:01 PM.

His priorities seem a little off.
    I would expect -way- more blackout kicks. Discounting combo breaker procs, he used it five times. I have to wonder what he's spending his chi on.
    I may be mistaking here, but he seems to be capping energy and chi from time to time. This ain't optimal.
    Time spent casting crackling jade lightning is probably time wasted.
    He should have more time available to cast chi wave.
    He gained 18 chi for 58 RJW casts. That's 30 casts he shouldn't have done and 30 potentially wasted chi.
    The fight seems ideal for Storm, Wind and Fire. Why isn't he using it?

That's just my pointers. I'm no expert, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Teng, master of tank-fu says:> TIger power uptime should also be in the high 90s, it's not.

Okay, quick followup question on Tigereye Brew: is the conventional wisdom supposed to be 'wait for 10 stacks and FoF / trinks to be off cooldown, or 'hit it pretty much whenever it's not up, even if you don't have 10 stacks?' Or is there some secret trick for fast building TeB stacks that I'm not getting?

Fucked if I know.

SimC says first use it if you're about to cap out on stacks of it, then secondly use it if you get an agility proc, then Thirdly as long as both Tiger power and RSK buffs are up and you have 2 or more chi use it if you get an agility or strength proc (because the str amp trinket is nice) or the target will die in the the next 40s or you have more than 15 stacks. I don't think its that important to line it up with FoF.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread