+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telling the DPS where to go on Ji-Kun Normal

Telling the DPS where to go on Ji-Kun Normal

I've been on the nest team on my warlock in LFR, but as I understand it the nest order changes somewhat on Normal to include an 'upper' -and- 'lower' on nest activation #9. How do folks handle the nest runs on 10 man Normal? We just downed Meggie for the first time last weekend, and this looks like one of those situations where LFR experience won't quite do it for Normal -- and this'll be the first time my raid group sees Ji-kun Normal. Do you split the DPS 2-1, and who gets the healer, or do you ignore a nest completely and hope for the best?

Or do you assign alternating heal+3DPS teams for nest duty so everyone who isn't a tank has a feather by the end?

Thanks!
    -Tielyn

In my group we have our nest group, 2 dps and hybrid to heal and dps, do bottom top bottom. Our main platform dps goes to second nest to get feathers each time we are on bottom. Putting a flare on the platform where the nest is helps people find it quickly, which they should be since it usually occurs during quills. They can then absorb during feed and do extra damage.

We usually don't even worry about split. By that point the platform dps with feathers do such a good amount of damage to the boss, around 30% left, that we just get everyone on platform and pop cds/lust and burn.
    Last edited by artie; 07-19-2013 at 09:47 AM.

We wound up sending me and one of the DPS down to the second nest while the nest team was on it (since they couldn't pick up feathers due to the debuff) and then the two of us chomped on the boss for the rest of the fight. Worked like a charm, boss dead. Thanks for the confirmation.

-Tielyn

Grats on the kill! Glad it worked out for y'all!

+ Reply to Thread