+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep 05 - PST PG13 PLZ

Talk Azeroth w/Olivia - Ep 05 - PST PG13 PLZ

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

not gonna lie. that intro... ultimate party trick haha

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    not gonna lie. that intro... ultimate party trick haha
    More like a pub bet. Anybody that can do it gets their drinks paid for that night.

Language barriers also exist on the US realms but they're not as daunting. Spanish- & French- speakers can be seen in chat but these are also bilingual knowing English so that's not an issue. Only with Portuguese-speakers I encounter in LFG 5-mans have I ever seen insurmountable issues, but the large majority of the time these are also bilingual.

Playing arenas with (and against) cross-faction might work in the context of the MoP trailer... but still lame.
    - Ryan
    Oft hope is born when all is forlorn - LoTR3: RoTK

Just some constructive feedback for you......You might want to have a little broader focus on your topics or at least attempt to discuss some PVE issues. It seems this show is now mainly focused on PVP. Perhaps a show that could expand upon the recent amount of horrid nerfs to "balance" PVP that have sent PVE players into a frenzy.

Perhaps a show that could expand upon the recent amount of horrid nerfs to "balance" PVP that have sent PVE players into a frenzy.
    You say "recent" as if PvE Heroes haven't been crying about PvP all day, every day, since the very first time someone got killed by another player back on DikuMUD or something.

arena changes ... foreshadow

The changes to the arena system will certainly help ... if you are on a low pop realm or one that is not a pvp realm .. the biggest problem is finding players that arent over your current skill lever or under it .. or any realm for that matter. it feels like if you are on a larger pop realm people expect you to be either high rated or paying for carries. Skirms should really be put back in ...

it seems like they will should the game not die but the next WoW indtroduced be moving to doing this in raid content of the current tier ? will they also add a looking for arena system or random que ? and since it consolidates the regions will they have a consolidated leader board as well ...?

i think this is close to the way WC III was .. you could look and see exactly where you were in the rankings.. ? but at any rate i feel like this will completely change what a good comp is and how people view these things will change sharply no matter how fair they make things

i only wish i had known they were doing this before a transfer was made a few months ago ...

at any rate im glad the show has continued on with content here - i can keep my tin foil hat from collecting dust

In the EU there used to be an issue of people from other countries refusing to type in any other language than their own. While I just used to ignore those players and got on with tanking or DPSing, however I was told a couple of times by a guild mate who could speak Danish and some Dutch that the players we with was in a dungeon with was actually trying to vote kick me for not being Dutch. Very rare but it did happen.

I will point out that this was during Classic/Burning Crusade and the issue of not speaking English on purpose has disappeared as many people do not even talk at all.

During the first year of Classic WoW when players seemed to be more "Nationalistic" and many times there was large arguments in /2 mainly along the lines of "Speak English" I rolled a Paladin which it turned out had a Swedish sounding name. I had just left Coldridge Valley when I got a /W asking "U Swe?" to which I replied "No mate English", without pause the reply came back "F**k You" and then ". . .is ignoring you." Dined out on that for weeks

I met a guy who learned to speak English while he played games. He learned playing star craft. He was French and in our BC raid team. I liked to misdirect mobs onto him because when he said "Fuck" he sounded awesome it just didn't sound like a swear word with that accent. That was before people realised they could take m/d off themselves mahaha. We had long chats on vent he also happened to have a beautiful singing voice. He worked as a chef and sang at work as well as after raids...I wonder what happened to him. I tried to learn to speak French but failed big time. Does anyone else have a favourite WoW Pal they have lost track of?

+ Reply to Thread