+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizzard Announces Virtual Realms for 5.4

Blizzard Announces Virtual Realms for 5.4

So now Blizzard has announced that rather then just CRZ, rather than Realm mergers or closures, they are introducing the best of all worlds, Virtual Realms. I'll tell you all about why its a great idea in my latest Vlog Snippet if you're interested http://youtu.be/-nHfafJOFvQ What do you guys thing of the new idea and the new feature?

Great feature, WoW has been needing that since release, there have always been very low pop realms that made finding groups for content hard even at its peak of popularity. Some will still cry "wow is dying" blah blah, but it's a really really good change and makes me glad I didn't waste money on transferring my guild away from my medium pop server.

I think it's a great solution. That said, people will now complain that they wasted money on a realm transfer that put them in a realm group they didn't want to be in and that had they known this was coming they would not have wasted the money on a realm trasnfer, blah, blah, blah.

People always complain, it has (sadly) becom an inherent part of the internet. That said, I do think it's a great step forward for all those low or even mid pop realms, if only just because of people leaving those realms because of grouping issues, reinforcing said low population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

In the case of realm transfers, people have reason to complain. The cost has been so damn high and the nature of the transactions so damn inflexible that it borders on punishing.

To be honest, it WAS a dick move to do the "discount" a week before the announcement, cause MANY players and guilds transferred away to take advantage of the lower cost. At least they put ALL character services there and that redeems them somehow, but for me that was just a big money grab cause they know that they are gonna be making a lot less money from transfers in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    To be honest, it WAS a dick move to do the "discount" a week before the announcement, cause MANY players and guilds transferred away to take advantage of the lower cost. At least they put ALL character services there and that redeems them somehow, but for me that was just a big money grab cause they know that they are gonna be making a lot less money from transfers in the future.
    Nothing personal, it's only business.

+ Reply to Thread