+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why am I a newb prot pally?

Why am I a newb prot pally?

I have joined raids and right off the bat been called a newb and clueless for my gear. I haven't had the luxury of being able to get all BiS but is it really so bad? I have used askmrrobot to sculpt it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhavoc/simple/ I have read through noxxis, icy veins, and other guides and cannot understand where this scrutiny is. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate because I am tired of such a negative experience lol. I must just be clueless. Cryhavoc

I don't have time for an in-depth analysis right now, but at a first glance:

You have bought avoidance gear with VP when you could have bought haste.
    Ghost Iron Dragonling (crafted, 3 cogwheels) costs about 100g to make and is better than the sanguinarian trinket.

You are missing about 600 expertise, and are ~200 hit over the cap

Have a look at the dungeon journal and see which bosses it is worth setting your loot priority to "Retribution" for (it is most of them).

Glyphs and talents are fine.

The only socket bonuses worth going for are hit, expertise, haste, mastery, stamina (and as soon as you get beyond blue gear, hit and expertise socket bonuses no longer appear on items).

thank you fetzie

+ Reply to Thread