+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Talk Azeroth - New Launcher, WoW Movie, Curls

WoW movie...

I disagree with the people thinking that the wow movie should be something new or unique. The story of Arthas is generally a fan favorite and I really think it would also appeal to non Warcraft players better than most other stories. A screen adaptation of Christine Golden's "Arthas" would be perfect in my opinion. And who doesn't still watch the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic now and again? I mean if "the very forest's of Lordaeron whisper the name, Arthas..." how could it not be good

First off good job Olivia! I also share your concerns about Wow movie being a flop, not because I believe Blizz would screw it up just that that masses would not get it. I think what they could do is split it like the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit. Actually tell the story behind all the expansions. The first movie could be about Kaelthas and Illidan. (We can skip about Molten core and even Blackwing Lair because that lore was touched on in Cataclysm). I would love to see a cinematic of Exodar crashing into Azeroth in 3d.

Second movie could be about Arthas, and 3rd movie would be about Deathwing, touching on the lore from Blackwing Lair and Oynixia, Dragonflight and Thrall and so on.

As I am writing this what I think would suit Blizzard better would be an anime like series similiar to Star Wars The Clone Wars.
    If that is too much of an undertaking I think the story behind the rise and fall of Illidan would make a good movie.

About the new client I suspect that you may be on the money regarding it allowing cross-game/cross-zone chat, but I also feel that it will have an upgraded Warden (Blizzards anti-hacking program) Hacking has been strife as well as botting and regardless of Blizzards best efforts it hasn't really slowed down much. So I wouldn't be suprised that the new client would be boosting some new type of hard core security.

First I apologize for my poor english
    So as ppl stated above...

No you are not lore, but we, who are watching this site, doesn't want person who will imitate someone else. I know you from Legendary, and still remember how amazed I was, when you showed up for the first time.

See, I been in quite working social guild and I know there were girls, who knew much and were good, but still - to see a girl represent site, game, oppinions on your level was a surprise. And I don't mean it in a bad way...proly it is only conservative thoughts, but usually you don't realize, as a male - that here are so many good females when comes to computer games (For example Aliena)

well - so... You have different style from Lore, but it is a good thing, to refresh air around. Again no offense to Lore at all, I liked his shows, but everyone should find their own style and work with it. You are talking faster than he, and because english is not my main, I will need some time to adjust, but you are fine, knowledgable and natural in your speech

So I'm looking forward to other episodes

A World of Warcraft/Warcraft movie is a terrible idea. It's been forever since a Warcraft RTS has been released and WoW is on the decline. I'm not saying that WoW is dying, but it definitely past it's prime. As you said, if a Warcraft had been released several years ago, it would be a much safer prospect. But with WoW's numbers on the decline, I don't think a movie would be successful at this point. You mentioned the idea that a movie could potentially draw in new fans, but the risk doesn't worth the reward. With a budge that will probably easily reach a hundred million (or more) I'd rather see Blizzard sink that money into Titan and WoW/SC expansions.

Also, in game the lore of warcraft has the advantage of be presented over dozens of hours of content. In a movie, you would have to condense all of the story down to two and a half (maybe three) hours. I don't want to see my favorite parts of the games get squished down or cut out to make a movie work.

I'll echo everyone else's comments... Great 1st show Olivia. Looking forward to seeing your perspectives on other wow related topics. Now if we could just get you a toilet bowl mug the transition would be complete!

On the topic of a potential Warcraft movie... I'm not sure I agree that they should abandon the idea of making one. Everyone is aware that Warcraft is past its prime and the number of subscribers is on what many would call an expected decline for a game of this age. That being said, Blizzard, like any private company will want to milk the WoW franchise for years to come. One way they might try to extend the life of the current subs, bring back a few canceled subs or even bring in a few new might be to release a movie that ties directly into the game... perhaps a future expansion.

As Olivia said, I'm not an expert in these sorts of things but I could see how they might build a business case around supporting a project like this. When thinking about any potential revenue that they might generate either by ticket sales or new/renewed subs, I realized that they would also want to try to slow the decline of existing subs. I can't think of any better external way (to the game itself anyways) than giving existing subscribers something to get excited for and a reason to continue their subscription...

As for the whole DR stuff... I have to echo Olivia's comments. What exactly are people afraid of here? I understand the whole "Big Brother" fears and the concepts behind remaining Anon. but when I think of what DR Blizzard has implemented into it's games, I have to ask myself if I'm ok with what Blizzard is doing, why wouldn't I be ok with what MS or Sony or (insert random company name) is doing?

P.S. - Is there going to be a show schedule or will it be just content when there's news kind of thing?

Hello olivia, been following Legendary since the start and lore's shows since a long time, and i'm realy happy its you taking over, enjoyed this show alot, keep up the good work

as for question: do you think they could make wow's movie about a single old-raid? like facing the evils that stand inside BT/sunwell/ICC and so on?

I hate to be that guy, but it's been almost two weeks since we've gotten some content on this site. Wtf?

Episode 2: It's on the ZAM official channel, idk why fony hasn't posted it here yet:

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Great work Olivia. I agree with a couple of posters about keeping the opening fun stuff. It was quirky and I don't think ppl will mind.

Talk Azeroth? Title needs a little work, just doesn't have the zing of TWM or PST....am I a lone voice on this? Should we start a naming comp??
    Those that embrace change, benefit from its many surprises.

Talk Azeroth - New Launcher, WoW Movie, Curls

Quote Originally Posted by Graylen View Post
    Great work Olivia. I agree with a couple of posters about keeping the opening fun stuff. It was quirky and I don't think ppl will mind.

Talk Azeroth? Title needs a little work, just doesn't have the zing of TWM or PST....am I a lone voice on this? Should we start a naming comp??
    I don't think that's a great idea. Like previously said, she's not here to copy Lore or anyone else. I think after a few episodes, the name will grow on people.

So where is the next installment? its been 15 days.

+ Reply to Thread