+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing up.

Gearing up.

Any advise on what gear I should start getting to maximize my blood death knight tank? Any dps advise would be good as well because ill also be gearing up that area as well. Thanks again for the help.

Try to aquire as many Justice pointsas possible. Turn it into Honor and buy the 476 PVP gear (it works for PVE) that should allow you to get into the earlier LFRs, keep plugging away at that until you unlock heroic Scenarios and ToT LFR and then farm those.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

For honor, I think it's Isle of Thunder dailies>Tol barad with quests>Wintergrasp with quests>running 5man heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Depends; thunder isle dailies can take a long while as a freshly dinged tank.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

make sure to prepare as much as possible elder charm before you enter HoF and ToES LFR
    you can get a lot of elder charm from isle of thunder weekly scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Depends; thunder isle dailies can take a long while as a freshly dinged tank.
    I do the PvP dailies, takes about 5 minutes.

Thanks guys. I have gotten some pretty good upgrades, but I can't queue for random regulars or get into random heroics because of my ilvl. Right now I'm sitting at 421 and am currently friendly with the shado pan. I do however have just over 2k justice points saved up. Let me know what you guys think. Also any advise on rotations? Thanks again for your help.

If you need gear for heroics, blacksmiths make cheap 458 pvp gear than can definitely work for tanking as well. The socket bonus is usually pvp power, so gem what stats you need in there and you should hit 450+ without a problem. If hou have the gold/blacksmithing friend, get yourself a 502 crafted. That should be your biggest gear boosts outside instances.
    Last edited by Airowird; 06-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Good thread on reddit for new lvl 90s, might want to have a look (not tank specific though): http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments..._do_i_do_post/

The difference with being a tank is that you will get very fast queues on doing dungeons, and also that doing a whole bunch of dungeons might well be a good way to learn how to play as a blood DK. So maybe plan to do a few more heroic dungeons, at least 1 per day.
    Last edited by swelt; 06-07-2013 at 01:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread