+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Heroic]Tortos Questions

[Heroic]Tortos Questions

Hello Guys

My core as beginning Tortos Heroic(Coming from Jin Rokh and Ji Kun Heroic) last week and we getting some troubles about mechanics.

The Crystals are Ok, Getting them at the beginning and getting again when it get's out.

The problem is about Turtles/Bats.

My Core formation is:

Paladin Protection
    Monk Brew
    Monk Mist
    Druid Resto(Off Moonkin)
    Priest Shadow(Main is Disc, but choose Shadow this fight)
    DK 2W Frost
    Rogue Sub
    Lock Destro
    Shaman Ele(or Hunter Surv)
    Shaman Enhanc

We tried Paladin on Tortos and Monk on bats Kiting them. But the Monk dies when tortos use Stomp, due too many bats. We Tried Paladin on Bats, but without success too.

And we canīt decide about how much DPS's on Turtles. We're using Lock, Shaman Ele, Shaman Enhanc, DK(due Slow), Shadow Priest, Rogue(on the first 3 turtles and after full boss).

So the GUYS canīt DPS Tortos on fight, and have the bats too.

Are you guys kiting or killing bats?

The bats should be far enough away from the monk kiter to not catch up during the 0.5 second stun.

Kite the bats them? And the DPS go from Turtles to Tortos?

Pretty much. It helps a lot if you can hit a turtle through the new turtle group when they spawn.

Our monk is saying that when he tries to roll forward, he ends up rolling back, someone have this problem too?

No, if he rolls backwards, he is doing it wrong. If your tank is dying, then yeah kite the bats, I assume with monk this should be really really easy. Also, your lock should be affliction, glyph curse of exhaustion for 70% slow and spread it to the turtles. Makes it really easy to avoid and lets melees help out as well.

Some logs would help a ton with this too...

here the logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-52cssamyokj361t0/

Very shorts due the erros/deaths. Our best try(that is out of these logs) We get the boss on 50%.

About the Slow, our DK was slow the turtles. But i will talk about with the Lock.

Rolling backwards is a glitch, not a fail - it is not even possible to chain two rolls without spending charges. The bat kiting would became a lot easier with this 70% slow from our warlock, we'll be sure to talk to him, thanks for the tip. Two weeks ago we had better results by kiting bats in a short circle and dpsing them down. These bats are not supposed to be tanked stand still and, if by any chance they are, they must die fast enough so they dont suck health from the tank and turn the dps burst in dps lost. We will try another strategies and post here once we defeat him.

We tried the monk kiting method for awhile and it seemed to be ok, but it didn't work out in the end for us and then we lost that monk to attrition and so we had to settle on 1 tanking it with the healing aggro of the prot pally running battle healer picking up the bats. We would rotate stuns if we were close to getting a stomp before the bats died. We also kicked shells into bats so they would just melt away. You can see it from the shell kicker perspective in my video guide I posted in this forum. I would note that since the nerf to the healing of prot pallys, aggro is a little trickier but you should have your lock put down a gateway and if anyone aggros the bats except the tank (most likely a healer), they can step into the gateway and it drops aggro. Pretty handy.

We make some try with Pally Prot Tanking Bats + DK + Shaman and we gotta nice results, We gonna try this way for now.

crystal shell bar weak auras

Crystal shell bar weak auras

dae1daGiP0OiLofPyviQAwqOBruTliYWOkhdPwgK6ziyAO01ev Bds(gkgNOCoPW9is5GqGfsu4HIKjsvXfruXgPQAKIuDsiQvcsZ Kiv3KiPDsQ6NejwkeupvYuPsxvkARqq(kvLAUefTxv)LuzWO6W ewmIYJb1KfXLvAZi5ZiYObXPLQxtvjZMKBJq7wWVv0WjILd1Zf A6uUUcBxKY3ruPXtu68uX(b(039fXxjVsU7lzLcfvCT7xotEg6 m6mw2mAMgO9qFk5S5VCKcfvCT7xotwdcOZzjK1GakumzOoLCwu VmCNePfF3xMJK9f8iAtIVGhrBs0Nbwy9z4f1iaB9zqRgauahWb CaxnHfkahEGXBWaCPb4XvTWMw6Ceb8MHU5Zs2GIsBReLWzXTic 4TPWortOa8cYQuTA0a4tmG7bGc4aoGd441g4aGdpW4nyic4ndD l9vOmisviR2wjkHZIB1qEKyYreWPbq3qYl4r0MeFrncWwFg0Qb afWbCahWXRnWbaVzOB(SKnOO02krjCwClITPWortOa8cYQuTAa q3qYRnTnyXxn1JSRoe0eHrWlyilSVETPTb7f8iAtI6mhj7ROjS r82lYe4ut1eF3RN((zqZGI1JL2Jqg6gnyYoL8Ccxp67p3JoNHH aJhAuSEEzOpL8CcxpHRN(2liBNee7(rXsZYqNLXW4X6HI17uYz ZEPMIK7(cpv7DFrCOS(DVD72lbS1NH4DFfnb2U7RKPo4r0MeVm EbpI2K4lFJaDPWortOkiRsPl9vOmiaU0a8MHUL(kugePkKvBRe LWzXTAipsm5aOaOaOaO3U9kmi6I7KiT441t)AemCNePfF3xWJO nj(IAeGT(mOvdakGd4aoGJxBGdaUHhla6gsU9cVK6ZGRJK9LyG fKjWVIMa2xXt2Ro8mOl2t2xsNC87(sKK0T(miu6mCNePfhV7Tx 9KxPWortOa8cYQuaUme4xKBpXGC)OyrrGMbThnbg6g55SNsoB( RKEuIs44UYAsFPSxPWortOa8cYQuVs6rjkHdYWZWlKd2IPeWRm rgEgIYez9iKoFeMif2jAcLh9TxXx0iXIeds0EVs76Pz98U9d

I would bring 4 ranged and 2 melee instead of 3 melee. Makes it a lot easier on the turtles, melee on the turtles is just a waste and makes it harder on yourself. Have the rogue/dk slow the turtles as they come out and the ranged focus on nuking one down after that have the ranged slowing the other 2 and finish them off.

We have a warrior on the bats and kill them but with a monk kiting is a good option

Looking at this longer try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3586&e=3793
    DPS seems fairly low our melee is at about 220-280k with aoeing bats and the ranged are at 120-150k since you're not aoeing bats you'd be a bit lower but I'd still expect melee at 150-180k and ranged at 100-150k. Seems like your melee are running around and loosing dps and even ranged are loosing too much dps avoiding turtles.
    Last edited by Bigbad; 07-17-2013 at 01:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread