+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PST - Episode 128

PST - Episode 128

This week:
    3:18 - Should there be more single-player content focused on tanks and healers?
    7:02 - How do you feel about one-off end-of-expansion bosses, and should we have more of them?
    10:58 - How viable is PvP gear for use in PvE content?
    14:27 - What advice would you give to someone looking to return to World of Warcraft?
    18:45 - What did Blizzard get right with The Burning Crusade, and how can they repeat it?
    24:31 - Is there a problem with PvE gear in PvP?
    32:19 - How will dungeons work in future content, now that scenarios exist?
    37:12 - Should holding aggro become a major concern for tanks again?
    42:06 - Are the developers focusing too hard on raid content?
    45:34 - What's the most common thing that breaks up a raiding guild?
    50:39 - Could we see more raid tiers with multiple instances like Tier 14?
    56:42 - Should Blizzard delay raid content by a week in future expansions?
    58:31 - Would MoP storytelling have been better if we hadn't known about Garrosh from the beginning?
    1:01:06 - Should there be more ways for raiders to earn gear outside of raiding?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

And so I'll forever remember PST as the show where you get a sore throat and lightning distracts you.

I'm really going to miss this show.

I'm really going to miss this show.
    Have fun at Blizzard, Lore!

Well Lore it has been a lot of fun watching you, in a none creeper way, through out the years. I hope your travels are safe and make it to Irving in one piece.

45:34 - 50:39 pure golden answer, cant ever agree more with anything.

Good to see you didn't get swept away, you didn't loose power after all did you? I'm going to seriously miss this show, who knows maybe you'll be able to continue to do something along this line as a community project. Wish you the best of luck. And future reference it's loud thunder not lightning :P Also, you can only please some people some of the time, and you can't please everyone all of the time. Sorry I had to put that in there. Again Good Luck.

Sad day indeed. Pity someone else can't take over as the concept is good.

But Lore has always had that natural talent in front of the camera, not sure what it is, call it charisma or whatever, if they could find someone else with that magic ingredient it would be great.

Guess there just isn't another Lore. Real shame but still good news for him and his future.

I'm sad that this is the last pst.

Thanks for what you said about alts, I couldn't agree more. People can still have fun on their alts without having to do everything. I get the impression that players want their alts to be as raid ready as their main with half of the amount of time spent on them.

I've read quite a bit about the pvp vs pve gear debate. Most of the complaints I see are over world pvp because there is no scaling. I feel that the amount of players one side has, the levels they might have, and their class make up are higher up on the why world pvp is unbalanced list than gear. The other complaint I see is about random battlegrounds. You can get a full set of honor gear in less than a week compared to the month+ it can take to get a full set of normal raid gear. With its easy access, honor gear should be about as good as dungeon or lfr gear. I don't see many complaints about high rated 3's or rbgs since conquest gear is the best for those. It's really all about the world pvp.
    Last edited by joshvolt; 05-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.

I get the impression that players want their alts to be as raid ready as their main with half of the amount of time spent on them.
    And I would ask...why is there a problem with that? Hell, I would ask why half would even be expected. It's a friggin' alt. You already sank a stupid amount of time just getting to the point where you could do the real content, give people a damn break on the alts.

This whole idea that "raid ready" is some important, meaningful thing that everyone needs to "work" for is ridiculous. It's the same old topic of time-spent being a good measure of effort, ability, whatever...it's just ridiculous. I don't mind there being a little progression, but the idea that gating the actual content behind tasks that are completely mindless, repetitive, boring, and devoid of challenge is just awful.

2 weeks my mage was raid ready. he wasn't ludicrously over geared like my main, but hes geared enough for tot normals.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

To be quite honest, after spending the time on one character to get geared up and "raid ready," I have absolutely zero motivation to go through the EXACT SAME CONTENT a second time on another character, to get it to the same point. I have alts I'd enjoy raiding on, but I don't because the time investment isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    And I would ask...why is there a problem with that? Hell, I would ask why half would even be expected. It's a friggin' alt. You already sank a stupid amount of time just getting to the point where you could do the real content, give people a damn break on the alts.

This whole idea that "raid ready" is some important, meaningful thing that everyone needs to "work" for is ridiculous. It's the same old topic of time-spent being a good measure of effort, ability, whatever...it's just ridiculous. I don't mind there being a little progression, but the idea that gating the actual content behind tasks that are completely mindless, repetitive, boring, and devoid of challenge is just awful.
    I'm curious why you expect that doing something a second time would require less effort (outside of simply already knowing what to do).

I'm curious why you expect that doing something a second time would require less effort (outside of simply already knowing what to do).
    Unsure of where you're going with that wording. I'm not saying it IS faster, but that I think it should be. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd gut the entire nonsense "grind so you can do content" system altogether.

What grinds are you finding necessary to do content?

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    What grinds are you finding necessary to do content?
    The Titan Runestone acquisition rate for the legendary questline to get the level 600 cloak is unnecessarily tedious tbh. And necessary to progress in the quest chain.

Actually, I hear that 5.3 has made it even easier for new toons at 90, so I'm really talking more about principle than fact at this point. I was really just referring to joshvolts' statement in general, not thinking of anything specific in-game at this moment.

Alts already have a break. They have an easier time catching up with the amount of coins to use on bosses. If you want rep you get double the rep as long as you hit revered with any of your characters. The warbringers toss rep out like candy. Your alt should not be as good as my main if you aren't putting in the effort. It's not suppose to be you hit max level do everything on one character and then have every class opened up to that point so that you can swap between them with ease. If you want that you need to put in the effort like the 1% Lore was speaking of.

You can level up an alt and start lfr pretty quick right now. It shouldn't be pretty quick for an alt to jump into heroic mode without a lot of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    The Titan Runestone acquisition rate for the legendary questline to get the level 600 cloak is unnecessarily tedious tbh. And necessary to progress in the quest chain.
    Ah, good to know, I haven't had time to mess with it in 5.3 yet.

Wonder if there's a possibility it'll end up not being necessary to get the 600 cloak to finish the chain. It IS 600 after all, seems unlikely that it'll be replaced in 5.4

I do still find it amusing when people assert that facing the last surviving lord of the Burning Legion wasn't the planned ending for the Burning Legion expansion. See also: the uniting of the feuding factions of Shattrath and the wrapping up of the blood elf and draenei/naaru storylines.

However!

Kil'jaeden is the one who first spoke to Ner'zhul, and eventually tore him apart and imprisoned him in Icecrown, creating the Lich King. So you could say it was also foreshadowing.

Something I think people underestimate with updated character models is, every single gear model in the game also needs to be updated for each new character model.
    Last edited by Impeesa; 05-29-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Ah, good to know, I haven't had time to mess with it in 5.3 yet.

Wonder if there's a possibility it'll end up not being necessary to get the 600 cloak to finish the chain. It IS 600 after all, seems unlikely that it'll be replaced in 5.4
    I got 3 runestones the first week and I've gotten zero the past 3 weeks.

+ Reply to Thread