+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.3 Survival Guide

The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.3 Survival Guide

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

You can cap charms from rare spawns incredibly easily, 2-3 per kill and they're shared loot, so each person in your party can loot them if you're in one.

I think I've earned around 130 charms in the past 3-4 days and the only dailies I've done were pet battle ones once (which are also very viable now charms and VP are a guaranteed reward from the daily pandaria trainers).

Also earned over 700 VP on day one without touching LFR or Dungeons, just 3 H-scenarios, pet battles and the weekly barrens quest.

They seem to have made VP and Charms trivial to earn your weekly cap, starting to wish lesser charms had an alternative thing to be spent on since I'm now over the 1k mark and earning far more than I can spend a week just by doing pet battles, let alone the rare spawns I regularly kill or when a new daily hub is out.

Worried they might have gone a bit too far with making it easy to grind out, but I think it's better to learn on things being "too easy" to cap on if it means alts are actually something you have time to play.

This was great.

I really feel like you should do this for patches even when you're working for Blizz.

They do the patchnotes and sometimes the write-ups but I think a this 'survival' guide on the main blizz site could really help people really see what the changes mean.

Lol "have you tried deleting your wtf folder" hahahahahaha I remember when that was a thing...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Ok I know Lore wouldn't worry about this because he's 13333333333337, BUT --

The patch notes very blithely go into how there's new stuff to do in the Barrens, a new quest line where you infiltrate the Kor'Kron and all that good stuff. But what they DON'T mention is that it's all gated behind those two scenarios. Now personally, I'm very not 1337. My main and my two sort of main alts made it through just fine, but when I tried with a couple of my "back tier" of alts I just could not kill Echo of Y'Shaarj. My rogue has ok dps and I think maybe she just got a bad group, but I'm the first to admit that I'm not real good with the whole balance rotation on my druid. The rest of my alts I'm even worse at. These are characters who spent the entire MoP gardening, doing quests, and doing professions. I would like to take them through doing these new quests and the weekly grinding quest to get gear (I've only seen the shoulders so far and they were 489 so no upgrade for my main). TBH, all my alts could use a couple 489s since they still have a lot of blues. It's not cutting edge gear we're talking about; other than the shoes really no raiders would need it. I don't think it's taking anything special away from the 1337 raiders to throw my alts a bone here with some 489s.

But again, they will never get to do the nice cute quest chain or the weekly for the gear because they can't get past Echo of Y'Shaarj.

Echo of Y'Saarj is the one in the titan room, correct?

Entering the green pools resets all cooldowns. Huge damage boost there.

Just re-queue. Sooner or later you'll land in a group with a couple of guys with 520+ gear who rock the boss in under a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Lol "have you tried deleting your wtf folder" hahahahahaha I remember when that was a thing...
    Thing is, that actually worked most of the time...

Well that not entirely true. One of them resets all CDs, another Heals you for 10% of your health every seconds for 8 seconds and another increases all damage done by 100% for 10 seconds.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread