+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 127

PST - Episode 127

This week:
    0:26 - Could WoW and Titan have a shared subscription fee?
    3:34 - Should Blizzard just remove valor gear?
    6:40 - How can I help my guild progress without being a GM or officer?
    11:45 - Why am I not allowed to do dailies while in a raid group?
    15:55 - Should Throne of Thunder have had a healer gimmick fight like Tsulong?
    19:26 - Does the ease of LFR make it more difficult to learn fights on Normal difficulty?
    23:29 - Why wouldn't we fight Sargeras?
    27:10 - Why does Killing Spree just get me killed most of the time?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Hey mr Lore!

Have you ever raided on your rogue as combat? I understand your point of view, that we can just wait with using it untill its safe, but in a heroic raid its almost never 100% safe to be unable to control your toon for the next 3.5 secs and not knowing where the hell youre gonna end up when it ends. It really needs a fix or at least a "handle with care" label, yes the risk gives the ability some flavor, but the risk is too high in this case.
    Imo a nice fix would be a glyph, you would stay on your current target and would be able to control your toon while casting, but it would do less damage.

Im not looking forward to your videos to end, I hope blizz will say "what you do now is so valuable to the community, so you should keep doin it".
    But im happy for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU

/salute

Its worth ~4% of your damage.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

As far as the daily quests in the raid group, the client already recognizes that you are in a raid group and only gives you items to certain quests (such as legendary collection). I would think it would be relatively simple to switch it so that it recognizes that your character is in a raid (not a 5 man group) and only allow the dailies to count for your individual character only.

That solution would make a lot of sense, yeah. Kind of upset with myself for not thinking of it before :P
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Honestly, at least 90% (probably more) of the complaints about Killing Spree are nothing but a l2play issue. Situations where Killing Spree will actually kill you are actually rather rare, and almost all of those are situations where you should be well aware that that is not the time to be hitting it. It doesn't take that much thought to prevent Killing Spree from killing you or putting you where you don't want to be.

Example Horridon: If you don't want to be jumping to Horridon then Killing Spree should never take you to him as long as you are aware of where you are and where horridon is (two things that you should be aware of regardless). As long as Horridon is not within 10 yards of you WHEN YOU PRESS IT, then Killing Spree will not make you jump to him. Simple as that. Killing Spree selects its viable targets based on what's in range when you activate it, and it doesn't matter how close you jump to Horridon during it, you will not jump to him. The same was true for using Killing Spree on Garalon without causing crushes, make sure you're out of range of the body and your Killing Spree will only hit the leg.

For something like Jin'rokh, you should be able to tell what direction he's facing, and honestly unless the tanks were standing in the bad puddle, you shouldn't get dropped in it even if he does turn around during it. Or if there's a bunch of adds around as well as various bad stuff on the ground, then that's just a plain obvious "don't do it right now" situation, if you can minipulate your targets based on range fine, or you can use the glyph so that you return to the safe spot you started in, since spending a half-second in a bad is probably not going to be an instant death unless it ports you around so that you spend every half-second in the bad (in which case again, you should have known better than to use it then).

Honestly, any situation you bring up where Killing Spree got you killed, it's almost definitely either a case of using it wrong or using it at the wrong time, and either way that's your fault.

Oh the days of Recklessness, Sweeping Strikes and Bladestorm on the whelps, drakes and bosses on the first boss in bastion of twilight... had a battle res seriously every single pull.
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Alter Time gets me killed alot. Not becuase Alter time is bad, but becuase I am bad at using it.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread