+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 23

PST Rapid Fire! Round 23

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry for the late post guys!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The vengeance change does NOT affect 'normal' tanking dps. In normal circumstances, it is extremely hard to reach even the 30% health vengeance cap for tanks (even if they are only at sub - 60k health).

What this does it make it less effective to 'cheese' tank some encounters - like Iron Qon Heroic. The reason Solo tanking Iron Qon in Heroic mode is ridiculous for some classes is because the tanks (mainly pallies and monks) are able to reach close to the vengeance cap during the last phase. Thats why you see tanks topping dps and healing meters.

Tanks will still be able to pull respectable dps so our dps will still matter, and it will be worth it to be the very best that I can be .
    If anything, maybe some classes will consider stam for some encounters for a bit of survivability and dps

EDIT: Also, the battle ressurection thing. I think if it raised the cap to 2 b-rez in 10 (and maybe a bit more for 25 to 'balance' it out) it may force 10 mans to bring two b-rezzers in their roster.

Agreed on the hunter being able to have hero/lust for all specs. wonder how against the idea the devs are.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 05-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.

I really think there could be a place for the weekly Marmot and Rapid Fire in your job at Blizzard. These could be a great source of information for blizzard. You could include other community liaison type ppl to field live questions too. They could air it on the night the server shuts down.

not all regions shut down on the same night. though getting paid for the marmots would be something i could definitely support
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

You mention epics having a little more stat budget - I don't think that's been true since the start of Cata, item budget is strictly a function of ilvl now.

I think the devs said they actually did consider a cash AH for WoW earlier on, but not recently. Don't recall where I read it though, some dev interview recently.
    Last edited by Impeesa; 05-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krinsta View Post
    I really think there could be a place for the weekly Marmot and Rapid Fire in your job at Blizzard. These could be a great source of information for blizzard. You could include other community liaison type ppl to field live questions too. They could air it on the night the server shuts down.
    I believe the problem would be that the lines would be very blurred as to when Lore would be expressing his opinion...as he does now and which is what makes his vidcasts so good...and when he'd be stating Blizzard's stance.

Even if he stated several times that "THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION" it would still get twisted to mean "Blizzard said..."

PST Rapid Fire! Round 23

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post

The vengeance change does NOT affect 'normal' tanking dps. In normal circumstances, it is extremely hard to reach even the 30% health vengeance cap for tanks (even if they are only at sub - 60k health).

What this does it make it less effective to 'cheese' tank some encounters - like Iron Qon Heroic. The reason Solo tanking Iron Qon in Heroic mode is ridiculous for some classes is because the tanks (mainly pallies and monks) are able to reach close to the vengeance cap during the last phase. Thats why you see tanks topping dps and healing meters.
    I've hit almost 90k vengeance in HoF and pulled 200k as a protection warrior in the 4th bosses adds....no screen shots, just going off what a friend told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltranger View Post
    I've hit almost 90k vengeance in HoF and pulled 200k as a protection warrior in the 4th bosses adds....no screen shots, just going off what a friend told me.

thats just another example of an encounter where you can get a high amount of vengeance because of the fight. Tanks get hit hard which result in high vengeance(when solo tanking).

I'm just saying having the vengeance cap lowered won't change too much for tanks in terms of dps output in normal situations. If anything, it will ensure that in most cases, dps will be able to outdps tanks and tank dps won't fluctuate so much depending on the fight.

Is Bashiok recommending that Hand of Gul'dan become like Heroic Strike, on its own cooldown, but be limited only by its charges? If so that would make for a very compelling play style.

On justice points, I think they need to go back closer to what we had in Wrath and Cata, where justice points were used to buy previous tiers' valor gear, but with one little change: a weekly cap on how many justice points you can earn.

The reason they didn't do the valor->justice conversion this time is because they didn't want previous tier content from becoming completely obsolete they way it did before because you could just farm 5mans for justice points to buy equivalent gear (or for equivalent drops from new 5mans), so they left the old gear on valor where nobody would really buy it anymore (because even discounted most would rather save their valor for the new valor gear), so that LFR would become the new way to catchup. But this left both justice points and 5mans with little purpose.

If instead they had put the old valor items on justice points, and then implemented a weekly justice cap of 2000 or maybe 2500, I think it would have worked nicely. With the limit you'd only be able to buy 1 or 2 items a week, so it wouldn't be able to overshadow LFR as a catchup mechanic, but would make those old valor items easier to get (compared to when you had a 1000/week limit). I think this would have acted like a nice little safety net for the LFR catchup system so that if your fresh 90 alt had an unlucky run in T14-LFR this week you weren't completely screwed until next week, you'd be able to supplement it with a guaranteed item or 2 through justice points.

I think this would be a happy medium between the cata and mop models for justice points and catchup mechanics.

I like The Pancakes idea.

Although I'd buff the amount of JP earned as for me it felt a bit like too much work for too little currency compared to the cost of JP items (ignoring how useless those items are for a moment).

Not sure if this is directly related to the question that was asked about the mobile app, but instead of queuing through th eapp if it could send you a notice when your already queued raid "pops" that would be pretty awesome. That way when you have 1hour pluss queue times you arent forced to stay infront of your computer the entire time, i swear they wait for me to go get a drink every time..

Quote Originally Posted by Toypop View Post
    I like The Pancakes idea.

Although I'd buff the amount of JP earned as for me it felt a bit like too much work for too little currency compared to the cost of JP items (ignoring how useless those items are for a moment).
    They did significantly buff JP earning when 4.2 came out (ironically the same time that they made jp basically useless...). I believe bosses in heroics now give something like 140 jp per kill instead of the like 25 or 30 that they originally gave. They also made it so that once you were valor capped heroics and scenarios would award justice instead of valor.

Just with the boost to how much valor bosses give, it would only take around 4~5 dungeons to reach 2000jp for the week. And since I'm suggesting this as a supplement to catching up a new toon (in addition to LFR) I don't think that's all that bad, since you'd probably be running some heroics anyways to just help get your ilevel high enough to start on LFRs. Plus, even if it did take a lot of extra effort to farm jp it would still be something extra that could be done on top of LFR.

Also, they could always instead make the jp cap like 1000 and just reduce the cost of the items when they move them to justice points instead, which would have the same effect on a week to week level and just reduce the time investment required each week, though I think that might be a little too little effort per week to only need to do like 2 or 3 heroics (mainly because the jp gear would be better than the lfr gear, so it should probably take just as much time or effort as lfr does).

Another benefit to this idea is that it would make gearing an offspec a little easier. By keeping the old valor gear costing valor, even if discounted, keeps it in direct competition with the new valor gear that you'd want to get for your main spec. Moving it to justice lets you buy some slightly dated gear your offspec might need without having to sacrifice a potential purchase for your mainspec. In addition it gives people a reason to do 5mans again, at least as much of a reason as we had in the past (offspec gear, filling in some holes in your gear from last tier, etc)

+ Reply to Thread