+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Lessons from Pandaria

Arthas was an awesome storyline (although he showed up too often in questing).
    Aw, man. I felt like the exact opposite. I wanted to see more of Arthas and his forces while going through Northrend. As it was, it seemed like you weren't even fighting the scourge at all most of the time. Even when you did bump into them, it was in the form of crashed Necropolises (words?) or something. The rest of the time you were fighting Mist-Vikings, Werewolves, Trolls, Iron Giants, Old-God minions, so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythedar View Post
    You are taking this Blizzard job very seriously. More content faster than ever!
    I think Lore is getting out all he wants to say before Blizzard puts a big clamp on his mouth. Gratz on the job Lore.

Hey!
    Another new thing in MoP not mentioned is the Monk Class. I really wonder what your opinion is about this new class.
    I've been playing the Monk since the start of MoP. Mostly played Mistweaver, witch I really like. Have played Brewmaster a little at the start, I like the "difficulty"-curve the Brewmaster has.

About the Mistweaver. I like it very much, the arsenal of cd's you have is decent enough (personal that is). Raid-wise the monk lacks a bit in terms of cd's. AoE healing is phenomenal, the way Renewing Mist and Uplift work together, I like that type of gameplay. Single Target is either very mana intensive (Surging Mist spam in emergency situations) or a bit to much depending on chi-procs (for Enveloping). I feel there is something missing there, or maybe the monk is just really not designed for good single target healing. Last the second tier of talents. Chi Wave works pretty good, still needs a bit of a fix as sometimes I feel it doesnt bounce as it should. Zen Sphere is nearly useless, in ToT I find no good use for it. Chi Burst is good for stacked fights like mageara, no complaints there it does what is suppose to do.

All this is for PvE as i'm not at all into PvP at the moment.

Cyphers

Thunderforged
    I came up with the same idea as Rhastia doing a usable upgrade item instead of an actual piece of gear. Drama ect can be removed by using Aggathons idea of having them drop from bags and be BOP, also gives you reason to continue to collect tokens after you have the gear you want. If they dont want it solely dependent on token use they could also expand the idea to have each person that down the boss get a personal (very small) chance at the upgrade item. The token method also helps with having to re-gem/enchant gear potentially 4 times since upgrading could leave those as is.

Pug Friendly
    As a professional pug, id agree with this, its hard on groups to pickup anyone that isnt already experienced. Even groups that are attempting to "pug" are really pushing for someone whose going to come back week after week so its really more of a non guild raid group that a true pug. Gave some thought to your mentioning another difficulty tier and then i realized that theres already a big hole for that to fit rite into.. 10 man "raid finder". Basically drops raid finder gear, but instead of actually randomly grouping people would be something you premade for, all theyd really have to do at that point is tune the 25 man bosses for 10 man, something they do for every other difficulty level anyway. The end result of difficulty should probably be between 25man raidfinder and 10 normal, as a premade would eat something at TRUE raidfinder difficulty. Maby have 10 man hp and damage but with raidfinder simplified mechanics and nerfs to particularly painful abilities.

Hey!
    Another new thing in MoP not mentioned is the Monk Class. I really wonder what your opinion is about this new class.
    I've been playing the Monk since the start of MoP. Mostly played Mistweaver, witch I really like. Have played Brewmaster a little at the start, I like the "difficulty"-curve the Brewmaster has.
    I think Monk has done all right.

Windwalker - Their weakness right now is that they bring the fewest buffs in the game and have no raid CD, and are melee. That's a tough sell for any raid leader and should be looked at. Slotting melee is hard enough. Damage is decent but not great.

Mistweaver - Someone at Blizz isn't thinking straight because it is NOT acceptable for Atonement to be god-mode and fistweaving to be working as intended. I don't think the 5.3 nerfs for Atonement are nearly enough. Mana and throughput are good, could use better/more efficient burst tank healing, could use less randomness.

Brewmaster - I think the "requires skill" argument comes from Brewmasters who do their stats incorrectly. Yes, Agi/Haste will reduce the most damage over the whole fight, but if you're going against difficult content, you want more Stam/Mastery. Damage doesn't kill tanks - BURST kills tanks. Stam/Mastery also helps against magic damage and add/trash tanking. Your healers will thank you. Keeping up stagger is the only additional thing we need to do over other tanks, and it isn't particularly difficult. Guard is an incredibly powerful active mitigation tool and can make up for the lack of big CDs.

Overall, Monks are decent, but they are forever living under the shadow of Wrath DKs.

Now when I hear Lore talking about the problem with raid lockouts, I think more and more that I have developed the perfect raid model for World of Warcraft. If you're willing, check it out and let me know what you think. http://youtu.be/SOy0GdE39iw 10-man, http://youtu.be/6f4xL_gNbIQ 25-man, http://youtu.be/8ZsEgVkpPHQ Do we really need 2 skill levels of 10-man content and http://youtu.be/rNsKo1A2RYc Heroic Raiding. Pardon some of the intros, I'm guilty of trying to hit a novelty Youtube audience. You may want to just forward through them if you're annoyed by such things.

On the PvP side of things, I'd really like to see changes to arena teams to allow a character to be on more teams at a time. Currently it's kind of frustrating wanting to play & get better at arenas when your team isn't on, but don't want to leave your team due to losing rating. Personally I think that would help the whole thing of no one getting into PvP.

Que without so much QQ

they are against having addons for bgs and yet its been going on forever ..

they need to supply a system where random people can form true pre made groups and play in a bracket of pre made groups for all styles of play in the game .. they need to make random pugs a thing of the past - even if its still in game

thus you would not have to join random pugs which are the worst waist of time in joining to begin with unless you simply get lucky

this way a causal guild who only had 5 players on one night could join 5 other people from a smaller guild or guilds and run an instance together and be able to chat or voice communicate and decide if they want to run an instance or bg or rbg together ...

The Weekly Marmot - Lessons from Pandaria

They have that...it's openraid.us

they need to supply a system where random people can form true pre made groups and play in a bracket of pre made groups for all styles of play in the game .. they need to make random pugs a thing of the past - even if its still in game
    Throwing a bunch of random puggies into a group together before you queue isn't any more a "premade group" than just throwing you together after you queue.

+ Reply to Thread