+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 126

PST - Episode 126

This week:
    1:01 - Could players ever get their hands on Sargeras' legendary sword?
    4:11 - Why are there no more group bosses while questing?
    8:23 - Will we ever get a faster mount speed?
    11:40 - Is the idea of a hardcore gamer just dying out?
    19:06 - Should there be servers for old content, like Classic or TBC?
    25:12 - What can be done to make potions and elixirs more useful?
    31:32 - Are the more complex rotations at any risk of being made too easy?
    37:32 - What can I do to go from being a good player to a great one?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

PST - Episode 126

The sword of a thousand truths*

Are the more complex rotations at any risk of being made too easy?
    DoC feral wants a word or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Are the more complex rotations at any risk of being made too easy?
    DoC feral wants a word or two!
    Was going to post this. Enjoying the current DoC feral rotation immensely because of it's complexity.

The complexity however, must not be confused with how punishing it is to mess up. Back in Wrath the feral rotation was fairly complex, and if you messed up your dps took a massive hit. Now the DoC rotation is very complex, but as long as you get the basics right you will still put out some dps
    Last edited by lubz; 05-15-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Classic Servers
    I do not think Blizzard will ever make a "Classic" only server (or TBC only server) mainly because they have always stated that they will always focus on progressing the World of Warcraft story. Personally I would love to see the ability to slow down XP gain to "Classic" level gain. As it stands now we can turn off XP gain (unless that has been removed, I've never used it myself) so if it is possible we could set the XP gain rate to "Classic" allowing players to level slower so they will have to explore the world for quests fully.

Spell Rotation
    I tanked quite a lot as Protection Paladin during WotLK, at the time I had never tanked as any class and was lucky enough to have guild mates who helped me learn. While I was not good enough to tank raid progression bosses, I tanked the snot out of 5 man normal/heroics and a few alt raid bosses. The introduction of Holy Power in Cataclysm added to the class and I was really enjoying myself still. Now we have MoP Protection Paladin tanking I am finding tanking a little beyond me. For me I am finding that prot seems to rely on procs and building holy power while bashing 11 keys with 10 fingers, so I have not tanked more than 4 dungeons this expansion.
    I am having the same issue with my Mage as well, I read several guides and most of the rotation list Fireball as a "Filler Spell" surely Fireball (as a Fire Mage that is) should be the main spell and not one you use when you have nothing else to do.
    Last edited by Banhammer72; 05-15-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added a bit.

Uhm, "filler spell" usually means "what you spend most of your time casting"

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I've always considered filler spells the spammable ones last on your priority list - the ones you fill the gaps in your rotation with, regardless of how much time you spend casting it.

Both are true.

Gor'shelakh is going to be wielded by Lorewalker Cho, obviously!!

And elite status was lost in Cataclysm, to smooth the levelling experience more (waiting around for a group was against the new leveling philosophy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Does not seem that way when I am playing my Mage, it seems to me that it's the spell I reach for on the odd occasions I don't have anything else to cast.

Really? you don't spend most of your time casting fireball as a fire mage? bombs are instant or have a CD, PB should only be cast when it's instant, IB is instant and has a CD as does combustion and mirror images and rune of power i try not to cast more often than I have to; I'd guess i spend maybe half my time casting Fireball and the rest of the time casting everything else.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Like I said "Does not seem that way"

+ Reply to Thread