+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Yeah they really need to let Prot white swings generate Rage and/or give us a similiar passive to Sanctity of Battle.
    "While in defensive stance, your melee swing generates x rage if you have a shield in the off-hand. You generate 2x rage if the melee swing crits".

I have no idea how much rage x would have to equal for it to make a difference, and for 2x to not be totally OP.

I really don't think Crit would be the way to go, or that increased resources will really solve the problem. maybe just nerfing sacred shield instead.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Gives you dps stat scaling (both haste and crit) and you would benefit from bloodlust and raid buffs.

Maybe just add to the Defensive Stance passive regen? e.g.
    "You regenerate 1 Rage every 3 seconds. This effect is greatly increased by Haste." Something like 1 Rage extra for every 5% Haste you have?
    Or maybe your rage income can crit? So many ways they could make it scale ... in fact, our Rage generation used to scale with Haste
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

If we increase RPS generated passively you'd need to nerf the active generateration, very simialr to the bear model, I almost want to jsut give us a straight Rage on melee swing and then give us a flurry like passive of revenge damage aswell as well. maybe crit blocks enrage and give +50/100/x% melee haste rather than 10% damage done and 10 rage.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Sacred Shield is definitely straight up OP if you know how to use it. Take Tortos for example. I tank the boss, I do a stupid amount of self healing threat, bats make a dive bomb run at me first hand. Now depending on where i'm at in my rotaion I either let my co-tank take them off or I throw out strong AOE immediately and make them even angrier at me and meter pad. Now the problem is that with relatively little danger to myself I skyrocket my vengeance, refresh my sacred shield immediately, and then once again right as the bats die. Now I'm tanking Tortos for the next half a minute with an absorb MUCH larger than it should be for the consistent amount of damage I'm taking.

But just to give hope to all of you aspiring Prot Warriors, I actually ranked 20'th prot-war on WoL one week with 255k dps at a 510 iLvL solotanking the fight as a pug in another guilds progression. So just because Sparkledins have OP abilities doesn't mean we can't compete.

As to how to balance other tanks to compensate for SS? Honestly, as much as I love the ability and it's mechanics, Sacred Shield needs to be overhauled.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 05-10-2013 at 12:29 AM.

I'm not complaining warriors can't compete, i know first had we can. and ranking yourself amongst prot warriors isn't much of an argument. i once managed to rank my sub rogue in 351 gear in tier 11, didn't mean sub wasn't needing buff.

They just need to increase the base amount of absorb and decrease the AP scaling of scared shield. EIther that or decrease frequency or duration of the shield/effect.

EDIT: or give it a Holy Power cost.
    MoP RPS Calculator

I don't think a holy power cost is a good idea. For one, we already have two baseline HP finishers. For another, the tier already has an HP finisher ability. I like sacred shield's niche. It just needs to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I'm not complaining warriors can't compete, i know first had we can. and ranking yourself amongst prot warriors isn't much of an argument. i once managed to rank my sub rogue in 351 gear in tier 11, didn't mean sub wasn't needing buff.
    I obviously wasn't trying to convince you of something. Ain't nobody got time to preach to the choir. It was meant as a statement for the OP and any others who might be browsing this thread with a less informed opinion on the matter. Bring the player, not the class. Though admittedly ranking among prot warriors is far from a class comparison huh. I suppose that was more of a: Big Numbers! they're doable!

but wol compares you agaisnt other people of the same spec, its not a very good tool for comparing 2 different specs.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Especially when you consider spec bias.

+ Reply to Thread