+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank and Worldoflogs

Tank and Worldoflogs

Just need a little help understanding the data from worldoflogs so i can be a better tank. Oh the most resonat Jin fight woundering if i reading this right, For melee dmg taken he hit me 48 times but i d/p 16 times. I am wondering is that 64 hits or 48 made contact and 16 didnt. Also whats a good uptime on Bone/Blood Sheilds. As long as i am not being thrown by jin, Which last time i got thrown 3 of 3 time, i try and have that up as long as possible.

Any comments/suggestions would be helpful

Tarlyna
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hq...?s=1679&e=1924

48 made contact, you avoided 16 and 12 where fully absorbed, he swung at you 76 times. Bone shield you want have up as much as possible whilst making sure its always available to help counter predictable boss nukes. Blood shield like wise you want as high an uptime as possible, whislt always having an FU pair to counter times when your health dips low.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

so he swung at me more times than the other tank, i got thrown 3 of 3 time, 2 less stacks of Static Burst and did less Freindly Fire....How was that possible?

You had the boss longer. Whilst he's throwing you he's not meleeing either tank, and you both got the same numbers of static burst.
    MoP RPS Calculator

4 for me 6 on the MT. So during the Throw phase for what 3s hes not hitting any tank but afterwards he is right? Is the updated DBM better at showing the timing of his static burst attack? I mean my aviodance is decent enough to prevent friendly fire if i did have static wounds on.

I still run a fairly old DBM and its perfect for letting me know when static burst is applied to the other tank.

If you look at Jinrohks details and get up the buffs gained/cast and get up up Dark Command, Reckoning and Static Burst
    you can see when both you an the paladin taunt, a couple of times hes taunting before stactic burst, which necessitates you taunting back off him after static burst. He's screwing up the taunting so he takes more static bursts which means he gets more static wound stacks which means that whilst he is having less time tanking the boss, when he does, becuase you get thrown, his friendly fire will be greater. He needs to learn to taunt only after after a static burst.

Semantics, but there's no MT/OT on Jinrohk (or most fights)
    MoP RPS Calculator

srry i am old school so i still use MT/OT tags. Never noticed that # of taunts are recorded that cool. Just wish there was a timer to see how long u actual had the boss. on the topic of the other tank for paladin/warrior classes since they have block, on the melee line for damage taken 22/11/2/11 that 46 total swings, 22 hits 11 blocks and 13 d/p right. For Jin fight block counts as a "hit" and raid wide dmg is done if u have static wounds?

Yeah it requires some faf to work out who has the boss at what time. And yes any melee hit that does damage to a person with static wound on them will cause raid damage, so if a pally just blocks, or a DK only partially absorbs the swing it will proc the raid damage.
    MoP RPS Calculator

When I'm trying to evaluate someone (or compare with someone) on World of Logs, I like to look at 'Buffs Gained' and to use that as an indicator as to which abilities a person is (or isn't) using. Here's some things I notice about you:

- You don't use dancing rune weapon at all. You should, it's avoidance and extra damage.
    - You don't use icebound fortitude or vampiric blood at all. It's OK holding something back for unexpected 'oh shit' moments, but given that you dipped sub 35% at least 3 times (I can see from the WotN procs) then I would at least have expected you to use VB a bit?
    - You don't use anti-magic shell nearly as much as you could (once in the fight). AMS can be used to avoid the application of static shock which is a major benefit to the raid. See this guide and read the boss tips at the end
    - You don't use Death's Advance in a fight where movement speed is a factor
    - You can use desecrated ground or icebound fortitude to break the stun when he throws you. You didn't.
    - You use conversion, which is an uncommon choice over death pact (but if that works for you, fine)
    - You gained Will of the Necropolis 3 times, which is the same number of times you used rune tap - makes me think you are only using rune tap when WotN procs and the visual prompt reminds you. That's nowhere near as often as you could be using it.

If I had to summarise, I'd say that you are not using your class abilities to their full extent and taking more damage than you need to as a result. The question to you is whether that's out of inexperience (not knowing to use those abilities), laziness (focusing on essentials but not digging deep into your arsenal of tools) or that you are finding it hard to use them. To really get the most out of a blood DK you are going to need a lot of buttons and a UI that helps you see at a glance what's going on so you know when to use them. It takes some time and practice; I feel like a pianist sometimes working through my various cooldowns.

for Jin yea i didnt use VB however in Horridon fights i do, using AMS so stop SS aplication attempted that wednes. DBM was off on its timing so i was either using it too early or too late. I didnt even think about DG or IBF to break out of the stun, which then asks can Everyman work as well? I should get used to using BT more often it is the 2p T15 bonus but for now if it proc i hit that and a DS and i am pretty much back up to full. I did see that my dot uptime was only 75% which sucks and can be improved upon.

*I say timing but that on me right. As soon as Static Burst is applied to me i should pop AMS to prevent Static Wound

then i have a melee dmg taken quest did i get hit 48 times for 7.7 mil dmg of that i absorbed 12 of 48 hits to prevent 3mil? is that how that line reads?

THats pretty much how it reads, hover the number of absorbs (12) is Fully absorbed swings. the quantity of absorbs (3 million) also includes partial absorbs, and neither coloumn are absorbs purely from yourself, they include absorbs from Priests, paladins, monks, or any other player who happens to put a shield on you. you'd have to look at your Healing done page and look at Blood shield to see the absorb amount from just yourself.
    MoP RPS Calculator

yea doesnt look like any1 was really sheilding me other than myself. but good call thanks

Ok I have heard about the use of AMS to stop the application of Static Shock however when am I suppost to time it. After 3 sec SB becomes SS but I wasn't able yesterday to stop SS. Good call on the IBF to break stun I was able to use it 2x and Everyman to break out and taunt since the other tank has limited Avoid.

+ Reply to Thread