+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rage per second-Addon

Rage per second-Addon

Hi,

does any warrior out there know an addon / WeakAuras-String showing the current rps gained?

I was not able to find any versions for warriors in mop.

Thanks in advance!

Why do you want to know your RPS? I asusme you just want Rage Generated Per Second, rather than Rage Spent Per Second, or Net Rage Change Per second

It's a bit difficult to pull form the sever side client as it's not really tracked by the client. If you wanted to track rage change you'd be able to just wraite an addon to check your current rage every x seconds, but becuase thats a fairly meh statistic so would actually have to have something track every time you Whiteswing or got an enrage proc, or used an ability that generated rage, and compare it to the current rage just before you you got the rage, and then average it over X seconds.

That said knowing your RPS in combat doesn't seem particularily useful.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Yup, Rage Generated Per Second is the thing I want to monitor. I want to be able to compare fights to each other on a rage basis and maybe get some things out of it. It might also help me to track how my current rotation-performance is.
    I remember me having a foobar/recount/skada-plugin for it once but nothing like this exists anymore so I think the only way is to write one myself or just leave it at that .

WoL is probably better for rotation performance analysis. I'm not really sure why you want to compare fights on a Rage basis, Rage generation tends to be too chunky for an average RPS across the fight to be menaingful.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Well it might be a nice way for me to compare encounter-situations and their impact on my rage-Situation infight.
    Comparing WoL-Parses seems like a roundabout way for me because it is quite hard to extract the information I want to get and I can't do that infight. I just want to get a feel for certain time-windows and the rage gained in those intervals. Maybe if I get a feel for the numbers showing up I will be able to compare them with just a little practice.

In WoL you can easily check buff uptimes, keys pressed and can zoom to the rage gained in a specific interval. But encounterspecific stuff and decisions are not always shown clearly or are nasty to math out for a specific window (how many adds were attacking you right then, how much rage did you bank at that specific point/when and where are you running to avoid mechanics and so on). You have to put a quite long time into soaking information out of the log (if it is even shown there because it only shows the buttons pressed). Seeing and analysing this information ingame in half a second seems way more natural and easy to me.

It is just an idea that came to mind. I am not sure how much I can get out of it - maybe nothing, but it seems worth a try if it is not too hard to implement.

One example maybe:
    If you need about 20/3 or 6,66 rps to keep Sblock rolling (I think it was that value?) you could try to get a feel for the excess rage you have available around a certain time. I am wondering if it could help to predict that I can have a nice Sbar up for the next big breath or sth. like that.
    If our use of Sbar is emphasized like on the latest PTR-changes that might be cool because you can smoothe out much more dmg because of sitting on more excess rage.

Right now I dont have the situation where I have a Sbar for every big event if I want to keep sblock rolling (Megaera is a really cool fight to master Sbaring and Mastery-on-use-trinketing btw.).
    So I have to decide:

Get the shield up for a breath
    vs.
    keep sblock rolling all the time

=> easy decision on most fights because you can predict what will kill you and what will not.

But if more rage is available the either or decision might evolve to the level of:
    capping rage while having Sblock online to have Sbar for every breath
    vs.
    keep Sblock online and try to waste as little rage as possible.

Rage burnt on:
    hit(blocked)->hit(blocked+absorbed)->breath seems worse to me than
    hit(blocked)->hit(blocked)+rage capped->breath(absorbed) for many situations.

=> Maybe having this small rgps-number could help in quick decisionmaking.
    Last edited by Claudead; 07-21-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Thing is Rage doesn't work like that it's too irregular in its flow to be able to predict. Whislt we only need 6.66RPS on average rage isn't smooth like energy, its very blocky Granular, so you actually need much more than average 6.66RPS; you need somewhere in excess of 8.6RPS to make sure get the 60 rage you need in the 9s CD of SHieldblock. You need a Minimum of 6.66RPS.

I guess my point is that knowing your average RPS isn't really that useful because no matter what timeframe you use to get an average you'll either run into the granularity of rage causing the RPS to fluctuating wildly if its accurate 25rps one second;0RPS the next, or you'll end up averaging out the granularity in which case its just not showing you what you need to know.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Okay I get your point there. I had something in my mind like "trigger, when shieldblock is activated and begin 18s time-windows refreshing every second or so, taking the avg. number of the last window as point to continue.

But even that might end in a very fluctuating number and besides that you have to react to those spikes instead of normalizing them.
    I guess I'll stick with your wonderful RPS Calculator or just have to try how it works out like I have done before =).

+ Reply to Thread