+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 21

PST Rapid Fire! Round 21

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

wow this is a nice surprise. Thought you weren't doing anything after the announcement!

A good-bye gift? (haven't watched yet)

EDIT: I guess you're still doing PST for a while?
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 05-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Weekly Marmot starring me? Sweet!

- The other Xista

Still producing all content as normal for the entirety of May
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Hate to ask but. Are you still going to be able to raid/play as a member of blizzards staff? and wont the 4 hr. time difference make your raids at a bad time for you? 8- midnight is 4-8 PST. knowing Cali. traffic a 30 min commute would be unheard of anyways grats keep on keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by shade8211 View Post
    Hate to ask but. Are you still going to be able to raid/play as a member of blizzards staff? and wont the 4 hr. time difference make your raids at a bad time for you? 8- midnight is 4-8 PST. knowing Cali. traffic a 30 min commute would be unheard of anyways grats keep on keeping on.
    I've raided with a GM before, don't see why a CM wouldn't be allowed to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shade8211 View Post
    wont the 4 hr. time difference make your raids at a bad time for you? 8- midnight is 4-8 PST
    Unless the server is in the middle of the Atlantic, it's only going to be 3hrs

That said, it IS sort of afternoon-evening raiding, so starting at 5pm, but he'll be ending at 9pm! If it's a rush from work, he could use his time after the raid to prepare for the next one. (I live on the Left Coast and work on Eastern time, so I'm sympathetic.)

Maybe you'll be able to miss the early farm bosses

Grats Lore!

I agree, I think the number crunch is more of an issue for blizzard (increased computing work for larger numbers) than it is for the general populous. The only thing I think the general public really needs regarding the large numbers is a built-in game setting for short number format (2.4k, 4.0M, etc) simply to avoid misreading a number length (was that 120k or 1.2m?). A lot of addons for things like damage meters and combat text already have these options and it really doesn't seem that odd when the numbers are abbreviated down to only 3 or 4 digits. (I guess that's what people are calling "mega damage", though really I don't even see that as a change, just a display difference).

The other supposed issue regarding the stats on gear becoming too big that they become difficult to work with also doesn't really seem to have happened either. When you look at 2 pieces of gear and compare the stats, either the difference in stats are large enough to be comparable to the total amounts of stats (ie this item has ~300 more strength which is about 1/3 of what is on my current item), or small enough that you'd consider it a minor upgrade/sidegrade (and then we become more interested in which stats are on them instead of how much).

We're just much better at generalizing numbers than a lot of people thought we were when the number crunch was suggested.

+ Reply to Thread