+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Account-Wide Everything?

Wow those guys do 9239489028 dailies EVERY DAY they're AWESOME!

I hear that all the time...true story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

With regard to the part of the Marmot where you discussed being valor capped on one's main character and the creative things the dev's could do to make it better on alts and "less grindy". Someone may have mentioned this already, but if not I thought that perhaps it could work something like how they allow you to earn bonus reputation through doing the LFD feature, by picking a faction of your choice. For instance if I'm earning Valor on my main toon, I could choose to send a portion, or all, of the valor earned to one of my alts, or perhaps even just a small bonus amount, 15-25. It could trickle towards your alt's weekly cap, perhaps motivating players to eventually cap that alt because he or she is closer to an upgrade from doing things on his or her main.

What I would like, is to be able to buy BoA currency tokens for a reduced gain.
    e.g. I'ld love to see something like a BoA token that grants 50 Lesser Charms, but costs ... say 70 or 75 Charms to buy. This way I could actually do dailies on my alt (for VP) and get coins on my main (for raid drops).
    Perhaps a JP or VP token like that could be useful, so I can gather JP from all my alts and buy/upgrade heirlooms.(I actually have 4 characters with atleast 2000 JP, but none of them has 3500 at the moment)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    Oh but you are looking at is like a one-dimensional graph when it is multi-dimensional. One thing is skill, other is time-spent, maybe this are the bigger factors but there are others. Hardcore as the word comes to my mind is more related to what hp2 says, not to the more skilled, in practice it is a bit of both.
    Time spent on content is inversely proportionate to the skill level of the raid group. Higher skill level means you are done faster (and thus also without as much gear). Average gear level reduces the delta between time spent and skill level (if you go back to T14 and kill Sha of Fear with item level 600 gear in the first attempt, then it doesn't mean you are more awesome at the game than Method or Paragon because they took 200 pulls to kill it).

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Time spent on content is inversely proportionate to the skill level of the raid group. Higher skill level means you are done faster (and thus also without as much gear). Average gear level reduces the delta between time spent and skill level (if you go back to T14 and kill Sha of Fear with item level 600 gear in the first attempt, then it doesn't mean you are more awesome at the game than Method or Paragon because they took 200 pulls to kill it).
    First lets stop using the awesome crap, second BL beat Midwinter because of the amount of time they put in it, third are we talking about what HARDCORE means or something else that I miss?

P.S. I'm not claiming that Midwinter is better than BL. BL is more hardcore than Midwinter

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    BL is more hardcore than Midwinter
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I thought Lore had reached the pinnacle of nerd-dom, with shaving on a webcam, and then I saw this guy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythedar View Post
    Reverse the image coming to your screen and it becomes a mirror. Should make shaving a lot easier
    Clearly higher nerd status than Lore, the fact he already has a trialled and proven method of webcam shaving. (That does sound weird, not even gunna see if that is in the urban dictionary.)
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Quote Originally Posted by Tramz View Post
    One issue I have with the concept of "account wide" is that in some cases, it is only server wide. Although i wish server integrity would have remained intact, it is increasingly not the case. Accepting this reality, wouldn't it be nice if, for example, BoA gear could be accessed on another server?

Perhaps what we need is an account-wide bank tab. A place where we can put items accessible to our alts, game-wide. This could include BoA items, common crafting materials, possibly even crafted items such as flasks, and perhaps even BoE gear (topping off, currently, at the 450 item level).
    I LOVE this idea!
    There must be a revolt! This "Burger King" is a tyrant.

+ Reply to Thread