+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Standard: Safeguard Banner Macro

The New Standard: Safeguard Banner Macro

Hello all, Tochi-Sargeras here!

I just finished testing a new macro I wrote for Banner Intervening. I explain how it works in this video, but will also post the macro below. Tell me what you think. Hope you like as much as I do!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcoW4q_zinM

"The New Standard: Safeguard Banner Macro, Perfected!" by mastermacromix on Youtube

Macro:

#showtooltip Mocking Banner
    /targetexact Skull Banner
    /targetexact Demoralizing banner
    /targetexact Mocking Banner
    /cast [noraid, noparty, noharm] Intervene
    /targetlasttarget [noraid, noparty, noharm, exists]
    /cast Mocking Banner

Also, I would like to thank Bagofshrimp and Chocomilkkid of Sargeras for helping me as Testers of this macro. Please, ACTUALLY TRY IT before you post a comment! You can view my orignal thread here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728253326

Your welcome warriors!
    Last edited by Tochi; 04-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Update: More Advanced Version With Double Banner Placement (someone requested):

(OPTIONAL READ NOTE) #showtooltip [modifier:shift] Mocking Banner; Demoralizing Banner

/targetexact Skull Banner
    /targetexact Demoralizing banner
    /targetexact Mocking Banner
    /cast [noraid, noparty, noharm] Intervene
    /targetlasttarget [noraid, noparty, noharm, exists]
    /cast [modifier:shift] Mocking Banner; Demoralizing Banner

This version will place a Demo Banner normally, and a Mocking Banner when shift is held down. It will safeguard your banners regardless of whether shift is held.

Note- If you have an addon that can produce macros greater than 255 characters you can add first line to the top of the macro to make tracking the remaining cooldown easier.
    Last edited by Tochi; 04-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Update: Description Added

In the first part of the macro, "/targetexact [Banner]" is there so that your target will not change to a random person with a similiar name such as "Mocker", or "Demoguy", when a banner is NOT up.

The exclusions in "/cast [noraid, noparty, noharm] Intervene" are designed so that you will not intervene a party/raid member, instead of your banner, if you are targeting (or your enemy is targeting) a party/raid member when the macro is pressed. As you know, its already impossible to intervene a friendly player out of group.

Finally, the exclusions in "/targetlasttarget [noraid, noparty, noharm, exists]" prevents your target from changing, unless the previous parts of the macro have been successfully executed against a banner, in which case, your last target is your original target, before you intervened your banner. This basically means that regardless of what you were targeting before you pressed the macro, you will still be targeting that target. Hope that helps!

PS: I know this macro is really more tuned for pvp, but please feel free to leave a comment! Are you warriors out there liking this?
    Last edited by Tochi; 04-30-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Not working as intended any longer.

Update?

+ Reply to Thread