+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 20

PST Rapid Fire! Round 20

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

SAURFANG! SAURFANG! SAURFANG!
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Lore...you big tease!!

It's what I do

Personally I have to disagree with regarding the 5 man heroic s of ZA and ZG. I quite enjoyed them, both as raids and 5 mans. It would epic (IMHO) to be able to relive the "story" of completing all those old raid instances :-)

It's not that the 5-man versions were bad, they just didn't really give me the nostalgia feels they could have

I must say I do like the idea of the "5 man Raid" having to spend an hour (or so) in a 5 man would be quite an epic journey, especially if it was put together in a "story" kind of way, I guess a little like scenarios are now. So instead of running from boss to boss, being given a reason to kill defeat them would make the instance feel special. I would suggest that if there was 5 man Raids they would have to be given their own queue if they make it LFR/D type access.

Quote Originally Posted by Banhammer72 View Post
    I must say I do like the idea of the "5 man Raid" having to spend an hour (or so) in a 5 man would be quite an epic journey, especially if it was put together in a "story" kind of way, I guess a little like scenarios are now. So instead of running from boss to boss, being given a reason to kill defeat them would make the instance feel special. I would suggest that if there was 5 man Raids they would have to be given their own queue if they make it LFR/D type access.
    I'm not fond on this idea because they mean less 10/25 Raid content however if they happen I don't think the LFD queue would be a good idea, maybe having the tool but you need a premade group to join them.

About the nostalgia is weird because one was very close to the original, the other was kind of different but none gave that feeling to Lore, wondering what would do it.

To be honest I feel that anything that I say is stained by the fact that I had to run those two instances for months with very under-qualified group of players. My point is: there was too many and too big logistical problems around ZA & ZG revamp to consider that as an attempt of bringing back old instances in the form of 5-man.

Lore, regarding the world map question, what you need is an addon called Carbonite. It's on Curse. It has all the features you asked for and more. (No I didnt make it but I have used it for like 3 years)

I know a lot of people think your having a baby. My bet is your getting hired by Blizzard.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Hope not...that would most likely mean the end of Lore's videocasting.

The true question is "Will it be born with a full head of permed fro?"
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I vaguely remember a fight where an NPC runs off to fight adds while you deal with the boss. Maybe Akama during the Illidan fight? But I think it happened far enough away that you normally don't see the fighting.
    Last edited by Marco; 04-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.

As far as the solo tanking is concerned, EVERY SINGLE boss fight that you can solo tank as a paladin, I have solo tanked it on my warrior alt as well, all I need is some other paladin to cast a bubble on me.

Now, in a 10-man raid that takes its progress seriously, there is very little chance you will not have ONE paladin of any spec.

On how to get to the SoO raid in 5.4 they could make use of the many portals that are there to all the cata zones or even the Dark Portal to outlands. Sneaking in near ragefire might be the way to go. Can't imagine the WPVP that will happen on PVP servers but it could be a neat use for something already in place.

+ Reply to Thread