+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking ToT in LFR

Tanking ToT in LFR

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/Ulrac/advanced

I'm curious to know how far away from comfortably tanking throne of thunder on LFR I am. I've been told that trash/bosses can still hit quite hard in LFR mode but I'd rather either wait out another week to try and replace my remaining few blues via MSV/HoF/TES than risk wiping and leaving with my tail between my legs and a group of annoyed players as well.

I have a few options in terms of trinkets, still got my ghost iron dragonling which I've swapped out for the durable badge of the shieldwall since it provides more mastery than the on use effect on average as well as the heroic blue stamina trinket from MSP which I've been using on fights with mostly magic damage like Lei Shi. As for my gearing strategy, I've been aiming for Hit cap > 7.5% expertise > as much mastery/sta I can get > 15% expertise > parry/dodge based on the formula for reforging between those. This has made me a bit more comfortable in places than before although my gear has improved dramatically since I first stepped into LFR where I was running both hit/exp cap above mastery.

if you have 480 ilvl and are top of your game, you will be fine in LFR. Gear is not the issue once the reach the miimum Ilvl, unless gear is making up for a lack of skill (on either yours or others parts).

Your stat priority Hit to 7.5% = Exp to 15% > Stam = Mastery > Avoidance. Stick to that, unless you're aweful at using shield block and shield barrier, in which cast stamina > avoidance > mastery.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    if you have 480 ilvl and are top of your game, you will be fine in LFR. Gear is not the issue once the reach the miimum Ilvl, unless gear is making up for a lack of skill (on either yours or others parts).

Your stat priority Hit to 7.5% = Exp to 15% > Stam = Mastery > Avoidance. Stick to that, unless you're aweful at using shield block and shield barrier, in which cast stamina > avoidance > mastery.
    Cool, I'm still adjusting a little to tanking raids with the new play style having recently returned to the game since the firelands patch in cata so not at the top of my game but as close as I can be with only 1 and a bit full tier 14 clears on LFR. I'll switch back to how I was originally reforging and give it a crack and hope for a good group.

Thing is people are gonna be dicks no matter how well you play, or how well you're geared. you're at the ilvl where you can get in so at that point the biggest two things you can do to improve is to get better at your class (which only comes from playing it in non-trivial content) and learning the fights ( which is hard to do without doing them).
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

People are dicks to me and I'm pretty much amazing. It's the internet, people are gonna be dicks =P
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    People are dicks to me and I'm pretty much amazing. It's the internet, people are gonna be dicks =P
    All this and modesty too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

+ Reply to Thread