+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horridon kicking are butts

Horridon kicking are butts

Can anyone tell from these logs what the problem is.I think are dps is alot of the issue but I am not positive.Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aycsshs4fp7he3ys/http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aycsshs4fp7he3ys/

50/50 chance it's just DPS not switching off of Horridon to the adds. When Serpent Sting is on the boss as much as Sunder Armor debuff, you know someone is just padding their meters.
    Also 17% of boss damage is Double Swipe, which you can completely avoid, people need to move faster!
    Weakened Blows doesn't seem to be up as much as it should though, so tanks are taking 10% extra damage they could avoid half the time as well.

Healing initially seems fine, but that's harder to tell from logs, can't really say anything without seeing one of em play first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

its probably easier to look at whats going wrong on this fight by looking at recount/skada. if anyone has more then a 80/20 split on boss/add damage, they are doing it wrong.

• Maeden doesn't seem to focus the skull, stood in stuff. sucks at interupting
    • Nelfdog, stood in living posion, interupts the wrong target, switches back to horridon after the dinomancer dies, but before all adds are dead
    • Blacklore. Pathetic Sacred Shield uptime. Not using Seal of Insight. stand in sandtraps a lot.
    • Cyonis seems fairly alright, seems to take frozen orbs fairly often though
    • Deseatia, likes to stand in stuff.
    • Mirnesse, Loves to stand in stuff
    • Billygoat, Elopes with stuff
    • Gaisha, Stands in stuff
    • Icylina, stand in even more stuff
    • Terrorazz, send him to the guide in my sig. atrocious active mitigation uptimes and timings, slow to react to procs. poor ability usage. stands in stuff.
    Really just backing up Airowird, there's alot of avoidable damage going round that doens't need to happen, the tanks really need to improve their game, they're missing one or two things quite fundamental to their specs and seem slow at picking up important add spawns, though that oculd just be due to poor DPS positioning making them have to be in two places at once.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 04-15-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

3 questions I am loving the feedback it is going to help us get better. What procs specifically is Terror slow to react to so I can talk to him directly and is when we call for a wipe and everyone stands in the stupid to die so that we can get another pull in instead of wasting time with less than 10 people going to make numbers look worse than they are.Is barrier better than shield block on this fight ?
    Last edited by Texan81; 04-15-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Re: Horridon kicking are butts

Horridon died tonight thank you for the help .

sent from my samsung galaxy s3

Sorry about the slow response. a bit late now but i'll answer the questions anyway.

1) Terror was slow to reacting to his Sword and Board (SnB) procs. and his Ultimatum procs. SnB instantly refreshes Shield slams CD and causes it to generate 5 extra rage when used. Ultimatum lowers the cost of his Next Heroic strike or cleave to Zero, as prot warrior you only ever use Heroic strike or Cleave when they're free, or you don't have aggro.

2)World of logs calculates DPS and effective DPS. DPS is pretty much Damage done divided by the time in combat, on a wipe this is the time until you die. effective DPS is the same except that time is now the time the time until the boss resets. so if you died early you'll see a depression in your effective DPS proportional to how early in the fight you died. Realistically though this depression is insignificant in a organised wipe. If people are claiming this is a the reason they're showing up low on the meters they would have to die very early in the fight (which is indicitive that they a sa DPS did something wrong)

3) Thats not how warrior active mitigation works. it is not a case of X or Y, they are different tools for tackling different mechanics. its very rare that you get a fight where you exclusively use one and not the other. Ideally you would keep shield block up the majority of the time and use SHield barrier to counter Triple puncture whilst you're at high stacks or after Horridon has enraged, and likewise for Jalak's Battle Cry AoE.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread